Chapter 13

"Remi!"

Sobs.

"I'm sorry I couldn't see your sufferings."

Screams.

"I was too busy with mine!"

Howls.

"I failed as a mother!"

Cries.

"I payed attention to Jia because she's sick. Her health is weak!"

Shouts.

"Please come back, Remi! Mummy will love you! I'm sorry!"

Yells.

"I'll avenge you! I'LL KILL EACH ONE OF YOU!"

"Hhuuhh!" Jihoon opened his eyes, gasping heavily. He was sitting on the couch and the sunlight was hitting his face. It was their 3rd day there. But what was that weird dream he got?

Remi? That's the name of the girl of the house right? What did he see again? The mother's thoughts? Huh? What had happened to Remi?

"What's up, Jihoon hyung?" Mingyu came and sat next to him, "You seem worried?"

"I think I- got a vision? You know, I got a dream through Remi's mom's perspective."

"What?" Soonyoung jumped in, "What did you see?"

Jihoon shivered, "The feeling of loss and agony were too much. She seemed to be very... guilty about... losing Remi?"

"She killed herself." Wonwoo said, "After she describes her thoughts, her diary is empty."

There was a brief moment of silence after which Jihoon spoke again, "The mom wanted revenge. I think it's related to that only."

"We need to search the mom's bedroom again."

"I'm not going back there." Soonyoung said, "I can't."

Jihoon patted his shoulder, "We can stand outside. Let's tell the others."

And so it happened. They were soon searching their bedroom again with Soonyoung, Jihoon and Jisoo standing outside. Jisoo because he hadn't recovered from losing Seokmin. He was finding it hard to move on.

"Where did you not search last time?" Junhui asked.

"On the top shelves." Wonwoo said.

"Alright then." Mingyu stood up on a stool and opened the shelf. The ceilings of those houses were so high that even a person of 6'2 would require a stool. "Guys!" he called, fear written in his voice, "Look here!"

He took out a wooden slate with letters and numbers engraved on it. An Ouija board. He kept it on the floor and the others gathered around it.

"Jihoon!" Sungcheol called out, "Did you get visions of an Ouija board?"

"I think I remember getting a thought. But it seemed unimportant. She might have used one though."

"Considering she did use this. Why would she curse the entire house?" Jeonghan asked, toying with the pointer.

"Hyung can you leave that?" Hansol said, "Anything might happen."

"Nothing will happen, Hansol." Seungkwan patted his back. "It's not being used anyway."

"Yeah, I mean-" Jeonghan choked and his back arched as he felt something zip through him and he fell forward, hugging his chest with a groan.

"JEONGHAN!" they all crouched down, holding him. "HEY!"

Jeonghan's mind was a blur and the sting was excruciating. He couldn't understand anything. The voices were becoming deep and distorted and the surroundings were becoming indistinct.

"Hey! Stay with me!"

Seungkwan's smirking face was all he saw before he fell unconscious.

*

"Jeonghan! Jeonghan are you awake?"

Jeonghan blinked his eyes open and sat up.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Sungcheol held him, "You don't have to rush."

Jeonghan rested his shoulder onto Sungcheol's, "It hurt." He whispered, "Terribly."

Jisoo, who had rushed inside hearing their screams, raised an eyebrow. This behaviour was unlike his. What?

Sungcheol rubbed his shoulder, "It's over now. Can you get up?"

Jeonghan did with Sungcheol still holding onto him. "So... now that we know she tried to use this." He looked down, "What are we supposed to do? Can we use this only?"

"What do you mean? You want to negotiate with the ghost?" Seungkwan asked.

"No that's not what I meant-" whatever he wanted to say, was cut off as they heard a shriek form outside.

They hurried out.

"What happened here?"

"There-" Soonyoung said, with bloodshot eyes, "There!" he pointed at the end of the corridor and everyone gasped in fear.

A woman was there, with hair sticking to her face and crawling towards them in the most abnormal manner. Her eyes were lifeless but macabre and she let out another scream. The light from the room fell on her, giving her a ghostly glow, making the entire situation more ominous. 

They dashed.  

Their surroundings started to blur as survival was the only thing that took over their senses. They ran, their senses clouding, their breathing heavy, fear deep inside them. 

"Guys she's gone!" Jihoon stopped at a distance, looked behind him and his heart stopped.

He was alone in some dark corridor.

"No!" he thought, fearfully. "NO!"

He started to shake and move backwards.

Chills ran up his spine and behind his ear, as he heard the same blood curdling scream from behind him. 

A/N: Seungkwan smirked. What do you think?