Chapter 16

"Woah! We're out, finally!" Mingyu looked back and gasped. There was only Wonwoo there. "Did we get separated?"

"I guess." Wonwoo said distastefully.

"Wonwoo hyung!" Mingyu huffed, "Can you just tell me why you hate me so much and what is that I need to know?"

Wonwoo stared, taken aback because of his bluntness, "You really don't know?"

"I don't!"

"How do you not?" he started to look around, "Where are we?"

"Stop dodging the question!" Mingyu grabbed his arm and pulled him towards him, "Can you just tell me why? I'll leave you if you do!"

Wonwoo struggled out of his grasp, staring darkly at him, "Wanna know? Wanna know? Fine then, listen! It's about those very dear friends of yours. Sanghyuk, Woojin and Jihyun."

"What have they done?"

"Ask what they haven't!" he walked away, opening the door of a room, "Where are we?"

"Hyung!" his voice had softened and he turned him around, staring into his eyes, "Please tell me."

Wonwoo breathed heavily. How was he to say this? Just how was he to admit something so... shameful? Something he'd concealed so well. Something which... was so terrible, so fearsome... so...pathetic?

"Hyung! I promise I won't judge. I will help you out. Please hyung?"

Wonwoo's face crumpled and he cupped his mouth to stop the sounds, hot tears flowing down his cheek, "They- they're-Mingyu they're-"

Mingyu stared for a moment before pulling him into a hug, stroking his back. He didn't know what to say to him but it had started making sense.

He remembered the mocking gazes his friends threw him sometimes. The way they would play if off cool when they were seen with Wonwoo. He realised the threatening glances they would give him. He realised the amount of bruises Wonwoo had. He remembered the amount of times his friends had gotten into trouble. How Wonwoo would flinch and try to cover around them.

"They've been bullying me! That's all you need to know!"

Mingyu hugged him tighter. He was disgusted at himself for not noticing the signs earlier. Disgusted for calling them friends. Disgusted with the fact that he laughed and smiled and shared joy with them.

"And it's bad! It's really bad!"

Mingyu held him through his sobs and cries. Why hadn't he noticed earlier? The pain in his voice was too much. He could've done something. He could've stopped it earlier!

Why don't people see things which are right in front of them?

When he had calmed down he gently pushed him back and bore his eyes into his. "Wonwoo hyung. I'm going to make you a promise. I will not forgive any one of them once we go back. I will show them what happens when they degrade someone's life. I will not spare any of them. I promise you!"

Wonwoo shook his head and moved away, "Thank for that but it's not as easy as it seems like. Sorry for shouting at you like that."

Mingyu shook his head, "It's not your fault hyung."

Wonwoo smiled lightly. Very few people said that to him, "C'mon we need to stay with the others."

*

"I swear I was with him!" Jeonghan said, "C'mon!" he looked at the others, "Please believe me!"

"Then where the fuck is he, hyung?" Junhui leaned forward, towering over him, "Where is he?"

"I-but I-" tears filled his eyes and he ran upto Sungcheol, "Do you believe me? You know I won't leave him out on purpose right?"

"What the fuck!" Junhui cursed, trying to keep his frustrations aside. If there was someone he cared about most, it was Minghao. Even in school. Minghao was someone who made him feel like someone.

Junhui walked into the dance room, nervously. It had just been 3 days since he had come to this school and he didn't know anyone. Was it right to give auditions just yet? He sat down at a corner, quietly. He didn't know the language properly either.

"Hey!" Dance captain Soonyoung came upto him, "New here? What's your name?"

"Wen Junhui."

"Well, nice to meet you."

"Hey!" he heard a boy call out to him. Junhui flinched for a second. The guy was...hot! He had a mullet and sharp eyes and that persona! "I heard your last name. Are you Chinese?"

Junhui's eyes lit up immediately and he replied in his mother tongue, "Yeah!"

The boy smiled and extended his hand, "Xu Minghao!"

And since then, Minghao was probably the only guy he properly talked to and Minghao also seemed to enjoy his company. And without even knowing, he fell for him. But the thought of Minghao liking him back seemed superficial. Of course he didn't.

"C'mon I don't think it's his fault." Hansol said, "This place is full of illusions anyway. And nothing can be explained when it comes to the paranormal."

Jeonghan nodded, "I really didn't mean to."

Jisoo walked upto him and attempted to put his hand on his shoulder, "Jeonghan-" but he deftly moved away.

Jisoo frowned. He was acting extremely weird. This behaviour was so unlike his. What was going on?

"We'll find him." Mingyu put a hand on Junhui's shoulder, "I have a feeling they're all alive."

He clicked his tongue frustratedly, but nodded. "Let's go then."

They entered the room. It was dark. Pitch black.

"Woah!" Chan attempted to switch on the phone's torch but it won't work. "Why isn't this working?"

"Huh? I don't know." Hansol checked his too, "Oh my god! What's gonna happen here?"

"Stay close alright?" Sungcheol said and felt Jeonghan grip onto his arm. "Uh... hey!"

"Hello!" Jeonghan said.

Sungcheol cocked an eyebrow. What had happened to Jeonghan suddenly? He blinked to get his eyes adjusted to the dark and soon could make out figures.

"Now!" Jeonghan thought, "Now!" and he pulled out the knife from his pocket and aimed it at Sungcheol's back.

"SUNGCHEOL HYUNG WATCH OUT!"