CHAPTER 1

Jeon Wonwoo walked through the generic corridor of his school.

Those same corridors.

Those same people.

And that same feeling of dread.

He looked around to see his friend Kwon Soonyoung and he smiled.

“Hey!” he went upto him. “What’s up?”

“Nothing man! Just an ordinary day.”

He chuckled before opening his locker. “Hey! Look what I found.” He said taking out a pamphlet.

It seemed to have some sort of an invitation. It said:

CONGRATULATIONS!
You are invited to a special party!
House 413, XY Street, Itaewon.
7pm.
But shh!
Don’t tell anyone.
It’s a secret.
Awaiting your arrival.

He flipped it. There was no name.
“Anonymous letter? To a party? Meh!” he kept it inside again. “It must be one of those people. Imagine! Me being invited to a party.”

“Wonwoo, I got the same thing. Let's go! Also, Jihoon has it too.” Lee Jihoon was the school musician and also Soonyoung's crush. 

“What? It is a prank, man! Why waste your time on all this? I'd much rather study.”

“You'd always much rather study. We're going and that's final.”

“It is definitely a prank!”

Soonyoung looked around and saw a similar pamphlet in Kim Mingyu's hand.

Mingyu was the most popular guy in school.

“Even Mingyu has it! Who pranks him?”

“So you mean, me, Wonwoo, is invited in a party where Kim Mingyu will be at? Nonsense!”

“Shut up! We're going. I'll pick you up.” And he pulled him to go to class.

There, Mingyu was looking at the pamphlet.

“It must be an interesting party, wouldn't it Minghao? It's anonymous after all.”

“I'm still not sure about this, but since you have been invited, I'll go.” His best friend and school gangsta Xu Minghao answered.

From a corner, Lee Seokmin, the goofy, well liked kid was listening. “If Mingyu's getting it, then I might as well believe it.” He thought.

Just then, he saw a paper plane made of that pamphlet fly in front of him and hit the head of Lee Chan, the school bad boy.

“Who the fuck did this?” he picked it up and looked behind him.

“Oh God! Of all people, why you?” Boo Seungkwan, the sassy class clown groaned.

“Boo Seungkwan! You? Of course! It just had to be you.” He scoffed throwing the plane back. “And don't tell me you're going to this.”

“And what if I say I am? Oh look! It fell on the floor. Wanted it to hit me?”

“I hit you only. Cause that's where you are!”

The entire corridor burst into hoots. Watching these two fight was always entertaining.

“What did you say?” he lunged forward.

“STOP!” Choi Hansol, the quiet foreign transferee, and Seungkwan's friend pulled him back. “For God's sake! Stop!”

“What's going on?” the head boy, Choi Sungcheol came to the scene. He had the same pamphlet tucked into one of his books. “Ah! It's you both again. If you don't stop, I'll get you both suspended. Get back to class.”

The entire crowd dispersed. The head boy was one intimidating fellow.

“Seungkwan c'mon, let's think about the party.” Hansol dragged Seungkwan away.

“Yo!” Yoon Jeonghan, school crush and one half of the prankster duo said, “That's a lot for one morning.”

“Well yeah!” His best friend and other half of the prankster duo, Hong Jisoo agreed, “But are you going?”

“I am not very interested... but... let's go and check it out. It must have something in store for us.”

“So decided then?”

“Yeah!”

Then, at another corner, Wen Junhui, the quiet and mysterious boy was staring at the pamphlet with one thought in his mind, “Why XY Street?”