Chapter 15

"NO!" Minghao screamed for the millionth time as he dug his nails into Junhui's skin, now drawing blood.

Junhui grit his teeth in order to stop the sounds of pain his lips were threatening to spill. "Minghao!" he whispered and involuntarily hissed as his grip tightened. "We're all here."

"Please no!" Minghao shut his eyes.

"Minghao you're hurting him!" Mingyu removed his hand from Junhui's and held his shoulders, "Stay with me, Hao!"

They were standing outside a corridor, inside which was a huge mirror maze. No one knew why the maze was there but they decided not to question either. They had found out scrap notes from the mother's safe saying that she had conducted the Ouija boarding session in the room beside the store room. And they had met the maze on the way there.

It was clear to everyone by now that Minghao was afraid of mirrors. They knew that they couldn't make Minghao go in the maze. Maze. But separating was a worse idea.

"Please I cannot do it!"

Mingyu was surprised. Minghao usually acted all tough and snarky. To see him crumbling like this, was honestly scary.

"Hyung!" Seungkwan said, holding his hands, "You can close your eyes and we can guide you. Please hyung, we cannot separate."

"I know but!"

"Trust us, hyung!" Chan said, "We'll guide you out. And you won't have to see a thing. Promise!"

"C'mon Minghao!" Jeonghan held his hand, "I'm right here. Close your eyes."

Minghao stared at him for a moment and thought that he saw a derisive, murderous look in his eyes. No! It can't be. This was Jeonghan and he was already paranoid. He squeezed his hand and shut his eyes.

"Alright, Hao, we're entering." He felt Jeonghan guide him towards the maze.

His head seemed to spin. The feeling of dread and thousands of reflections surrounding him was too strong. The presence was too intimidating! He could feel a thousand pairs of eyes staring at him. This was not good. He had to get out!

"Should we go there?"

"We should keep going straight."

"Why is this so difficult?"

"Minghao are you okay?" he heard Junhui's voice and nodded.

Jeonghan was staring at Minghao, keeping a watch on him. The others seemed to go forward and when he saw he was at the end, he let go of Minghao's hand and ran off in front. He looked at himself in the mirror and reflected back a look of pure evil. Then, putting on his innocent persona again, he followed the others.

Minghao shot his eyes open, sensing something wrong. But as he did, his head started to feel light and cold shivers shook him up and he felt like his body was on fire at the same time.

There he was, standing between a mass of mirrors, a thousand reflections staring back at him, mocking his fear. He wanted to scream, he wanted to run. But nothing came out. He couldn't move. He was frozen. He tried to move his arms, but couldn't. He had been paralysed. And he was staring right into the mirror!

Then something happened. The reflections around him started to change. They were different forms of him. But it was ominous, scary and mocking. It was a brutally honest depiction of who he was.

One mirror was laughing, mocking him.

There was another, he was covered with blood, knife in hand, the apparitions of his friends' dead bodies covered in blood.

There was one where he was crying, crouching in fear.

Another, where he was staring darkly in front.

This was who he was. These were the sides of himself he couldn't accept. This was his dark side. The side he didn't want to confront. Here it was, right in front of him.

And he couldn't! He couldn't deal with the sight of that. Accepting one's own flaws is the most difficult and scariest thing ever. And when someone shows it to you, clear, open, uncensored!

Minghao was feeling light headed and then he saw the reflection in which he was. His eyes were bloodshot, open and he was looking like a corpse. The life had been drained out of him. This was it for him!

He saw thousands of hands make their way to his face. They felt rough and cold. And then, the mirror cracked and everything turned black.