CHAPTER 9

WARNING: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 
IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE, PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER, THERE IS NOTHING VERY IMPORTANT.

Soonyoung, Wonwoo and Jihoon went over to the bedrooms. Bedrooms can give a lot of information since they are very private spaces of people.

They went inside a bedroom, which they recognized as the parents' perhaps.

"So, where should we start?" Soonyoung asked.

"Um... the drawers I guess?" Jihoon opened one of them and they started looking. "Try finding clues about how the family could have been. Small little things can tell you that."

Soonyoung searched through the drawers and came across a worn out leather belt. The leather was worn- like- just like when-

"NO! STOP!"

TWACK! THWACK!

"PLEASE! I BEG YOU!"

THWACK!

He breathed heavily and shook his head. He kept the belt aside and found a piece of fabric, with dried bloody finger prints on it.

"G-guys!" he called weakly, "Look at this."

The two came and stood beside him.

"What in the world is that?" Wonwoo asked, "Dried blood? What can this mean?"

"It's not ordinary fabric." Soonyoung said, dazed, "It's a woman's handkerchief."

"And?" Jihoon asked.

He sighed, "I sense violence."

"What?"

"Look at this belt. Look at how it's worn out. This texture appears when you repeatedly hit a surface or someone. And the buckle is very loose as well."

"Wow! How do you know all this?"

"How do I?" his eyes widened and he breathed heavily, "Books and films." He shrugged. "The spouses definitely didn't have a good relation."

"Do you think it's related to the haunting?" Wonwoo asked.

"I have... no idea. Anyway! Let's keep searching!" he turned around to hide his blood shot, tear filled eyes and cupped his mouth to stop the sounds.

"STOP! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!"

"SORRY!? YOU THINK THAT WILL DO?"

THWACK!

"YOU REALLY THINK!"

"THWACK!"

"AH! PLEASE! PLEASE! DON'T!"

How did he know? Of course he knew. He had first-hand experience. And that is why his mom and dad didn't live together anymore.

"AHHH!"

"I WILL KILL YOU!"

"STOP! AH!"

Everyday had been hellish! Every moment in that house was filled with screams, yells, cries and of furniture and glass breaking.

Mornings were filled with fake smiles and reassurances and nights were full of screams and tears. His mom would hide in the bathroom with him and he'd lie that she had gone out for an errand. His dad would then go out and come back drunk at 1am.

This was how they could escape it somehow. Those were lucky days. But otherwise-

"THERE YOU ARE? ACTING CLEVER, HUH?"

"IT'S NOT HER FAULT, IT'S MINE!"

"YOURS? BOTH OF YOU HAVE SPROUTED WINGS HUH? WATCH! WATCH WHAT I DO!"

"DAD NO! STOP! IT'S MY FAULT!"

He clenched his fists and grit his teeth to stop the tears.

Every second was hellish! It felt like he was living a nightmare. Every juncture in his life back then was a personal nightmare. A nightmare he was too glad to escape. A nightmare which no longer haunted him.

But now... it came back. More difficult to bear. How could he hide this any longer? Could he even hide it any longer?

"Soonyoung! Are you crying?"

Now they'd know. They would get to know this dirty secret he'd concealed so well for years.

Coming here was a mistake.

A mistake he could never forgive himself for. 

A/N: One thing I want people to know, this just shows the mindset of people of who have been survivors and witnesses of such violent events. Such events shatter people entirely. 

I want people to understand, that it's not their fault that they went through this. There is nothing to be ashamed of it or shame people for it. 

Also, help is available. So please don't be afraid to reach out. No one deserves all this. 

Everything passes. Don't lose hope.