CHAPTER 5

"What the hell!" Sungcheol exclaimed but his voice echoed, "Guys?"

Silence.

"Guys?"

Silence.

"Hey? Where are you?"

The lights switched on and he saw that he was alone. Alone in the same place. His heart rate quickened and he took a deep breath. He aimlessly walked around. How did this happen. He had to find someone first. But how? This house was too big.

He walked towards the living room on the left. His souls were tapping on the floor creating a tapping sound. But they seemed to overlap. He stopped, his legs turning cold. He kept his eyes fixed on the red carpet below. Then started walking again.

But again, the sounds seemed to overlap. He stared at the cream wallpaper in front of him, his eyes wide and blood shot. Who was this? And what was it going to do to him?

Sungcheol was a physically strong guy. But he could fight humans. Not spirits. He gulped and continued walking. The overlapping noises were making his head spin and his chest hurt. He couldn't think as the noises grew louder, louder and louder.

Sungcheol could feel a presence behind him. Cold sweat trickled down his nape. The presence was dark, heavy and ominous. And it was close. Right behind him. His breathing was heavy as fear took over every inch of his body and mind.

"Help!" he thought, "Please!"

"Sungcheol!" a voice called out to him and the feeling went. He turned his head to the side to see Jeonghan running towards him.

To say that he was relieved would be an understatement. He felt so peaceful at that moment, like a heavy weight had been lifted off him.

"What happened to you?" Jeonghan asked looking at Sungcheol. He was still sweating and his eyes still showed a little bit of fear.

"Honestly," he heaved, "I don't know. But I'm so happy to see you! Where were you?"

"I found myself in the kitchen. A knife almost fell on me and split my head into two."

Sungcheol stared with wide eyes.

"It's okay," he gulped, "I'm fine. I just... got a scratch." He showed his arm and a huge cut was present there with blood around it.

"That's a serious one!" he said, "We need to stop the bleeding!"

"But we have nothing..."

"Um...I know what to do. Turn around." Sungcheol said taking off his jacket. Jeonghan did, smiling to himself.

Sungcheol ripped a piece of his shirt and zipped up his jacket. "Now show me your hand." Jeonghan did and Sungcheol tied the fabric around his arm.

"Thanks." He said smiling and blushing lightly.

"Your welcome." Sungcheol smiled looking away, a warm feeling rising in him, "C'mon now! Let's find the others."

*

Seungkwan screamed when the lights came on. His scream echoed and reached his ears frightening him even more. He was alone. In between a dark corridor. All alone.

He held onto the wall behind him and looked around. He breathed heavily and tried to keep the panic aside. He was feeling light headed. Where was everyone? And how did he come here?

He left the wall, inching closer to the turning. He had to get out of there. He took a turn and was face to face with a person, face covered in blood. Seungkwan screamed in fright as the person yelled revealing his yellowed teeth.

Seungkwan turned around and ran away, feeling as if he was caught in a whirlwind.

But the creature was faster. He ran behind him and caught his back in a painful grasp.

"Leave me!" he sobbed, "Please!"

"Seungkwan!" he heard a voice and the creature pushed him. He fell with a gasp. "Seungkwan!"

He looked up to see Hansol running towards him. "Hansol!" he croaked and tried to get up but black appeared in his vision and he fell unconscious.

He opened his eyes with something falling on his face. He blinked to make sense of the situation. He saw Hansol sitting down and using his legs as a pillow for him and Chan standing up with a bottle in his hand.

"You're awake!" Hansol said happily.

"What had happened?" he sat up, with Hansol helping him.

"I heard your scream and came running. Then I saw a creepy person behind you. But then he disappeared and you fainted. Chan came hearing your scream too." Hansol said, "How are you feeling?"

"Better."

"That's a relief!" Chan said, "You hurt in any way?"

"Yeah my back hurts a little but that's it. It's nothing serious." He stood up.

"Oh I'm so glad you're fine!" Hansol hugged him making Seungkwan blush a little and Chan snicker.

"Okay guys!" Chan said closing the bottle, "Time to find the others."

*

It was cold. Whatever Minghao was touching, was cold and smooth. Like glass. It must be a mirror. Where was he? It was too dark to see anything.

He blinked a couple of times to get his eyes used to the darkness. He looked around. He could make out silhouettes of couches and tables. He walked away from the mirror and gasped as his leg hit the table.

"Dammit!" he cursed and sat down on the couch. He rubbed his leg and looked around. It seemed like he was in a small living room.

He stood up and went over to the cupboards. There had to be something inside. He closed his eyes and prayed that it wasn't something scary or traumatizing that he would see.

He opened the cupboard and started looking around. It was empty, apart from the dust that had gathered over the years. He traced his hands around it and came in contact with a cold metal. He took it out and looked at it. It was a key. He cocked his head to the side and kept it in his pocket.

He tried to get out of the room. He took small, cautious steps and felt for the door. But instead, he felt a soft, warm hand. He jumped back and screamed, which led to another person screaming. Then a flashlight was switched on and a very scared Junhui stood in front of him.

"Oh it's you!" Junhui sighed in relief. "I thought you were a ghost."

"You can't feel ghosts."

"Why did you scream then?"

"Cause I got startled."

Junhui stared at him like a child who was mad over ice cream, "You found something?"

"A key." He chuckled.

"What's with you?" he whined.

"Nothing, you look cute, that's it."

"Do I?" he smiled.

"Whatever!" he said looking up, trying not to smile harder, "Let's get out of here."