Chapter 12

"What?" Jeonghan exclaimed listening to Sungcheol, "You were- kidnapped-" he gripped onto his shoulders.

Sungcheol nodded, pursing his lips and breathing heavily. "Jeonghan, will you answer me honestly?"

"I will."

"What exactly happened to you in the kitchen?"

Jeonghan stiffened and averted his gaze to the front, staring grimly.

"I need to know. Please!" he put his hand on top of his.

"Ok then... I saw... a kitchen fire... our kitchen had caught an oil fire when I was very young... and that has haunted me since... you know what's weird? I did not even know it was an illusion. It was... real."

"I knew it!" he exclaimed sitting up, "Jeonghan! It's not an ordinary house! It knows everything about us! All our deepest secrets. Our weaknesses and our fears! Don't you think it's weird that we all see things that we're sensitive to somehow? It's not a coincidence!"

"Explain properly."

"Minghao always seems to be around mirrors. He's scared of them. Chan and you saw an illusion of your deepest fears. I got something trigger my trauma and Wonwoo and Soonyoung found items associated to... something they've been going through!"

Jeonghan stared, mouth agape, "Fuck!"

"This place wants to exploit us psychologically. And that's- that's worse!"

Jeonghan gulped, a visible chill running up his spine. "Now what? What do we do now?"

"Guess just go through this nightmare?"

"What would Seokmin be going through?" Jeonghan heavily whispered, looking outside the window.

"He'll be... okay. Don't worry." Sungcheol said. But he knew, that he wasn't.

*

Seokmin opened his eyes to complete darkness. He sat up, a heavy feeling rising in him. His entire body hurt terribly. Where was he?

He blinked in order to get adjusted to the dark. It seemed like an empty room, full of nothing. He breathed heavily and held onto the wall behind him to stand up. There didn't seem to be any doors. Where did he get in from?

There had to be a door. He couldn't go through objects. What kind of an illusion was it?

He tried to move forward but then fell with a gasp. He couldn't move his ankle. He took off his shoe to see it being severed. Who did this? What else did they do?

He breathed heavily. Fear and helplessness threatened to take over every inch of his being, but no! He wouldn't allow that to happen to him. He would fucking fight this time! Enough of being a scared loser!

He took a step in front and starting feeling the walls. There had to be some entrance, exit, passage, anything!

"HHUHH!" he took a choked gasp and his hands flew to his throat. His face turned red as the hands on his throat grabbed him with full force. He struggled, trying to release himself but the force was too damn strong! He let out a choked cough as black started to appear in his vision. His vision started to blur and the lack of oxygen and fear was making him dizzy, clouding all his senses.

A blood covered face was all he saw before he fell to the ground, unconscious.

*

WARNING: DOMESTIC ABUSE AND SUICIDE

5th January 1974 3:00am
Saturday

Why does dad hit mom? What has mom done? Why does he always? Why does he not love mom and me? Are we that bad? I can hear her scream. Please stop! What can I, a girl of 12 do?

6th March 1974 9:32pm
Wednesday

I've heard from mom that if you take sleeping pills without prescription, you die. Can I die too? If I die, it would be so much better. They wouldn't have a worthless person like me anymore. I can take them. My mom is a nurse so she has them.

Wonwoo breathed heavily and ruffled his hair. What was going on? Why did he decide to read it? What was next? He turned the page but it was empty. His eye widened and he flipped through the diary. There was nothing! Nothing! Remi- she had-

"You okay?" Soonyoung asked.

"Soonyoung! Soonyoung she- she!"

"Shh Wonwoo, it's okay." Soonyoung put an arm around his shoulder, "Now tell me."

"She- killed- herself I-"

Soonyoung stared at him in horror before taking the diary away from him, "Wonwoo!" he pulled him into a hug. "It's over. Ok? It's all over."

Wonwoo breathed heavily, "How would we get to know what happened now?"