Chapter 14

"Wonwoo!" Soonyoung said running upto him in class, "You know the choir practice is going on the auditorium? Let's bunk classes and go!"

"You know I don't bunk Soonyoung."

Soonyoung pouted. "Okay! I'll go alone then. Bye!"

And Soonyoung sneaked to the back of the auditorium, his eyes glued on the stage. Jihoon was there with his guitar. He smiled. The teacher was asking them for a retake and then the music started.

Jihoon took the lead while playing his guitar and Soonyoung's heart fluttered. It was always a pleasure to hear Jihoon sing. He really liked Jihoon. But he was in love with his voice. He could hear his voice for hours.

The practice came to an end and everyone started to go back to their classes. He saw as Jihoon packed his guitar and waited for the opportunity to talk to him. When the teacher left, he ran upto him.

"Hi!" he smiled.

"Oh! Hello! What are you doing here?"

"I heard you all were practicing so I came to see."

"You're bunking 'cause you wanted to see us practice?"

"You, in particular."

"Stop Soonyoung!" he started to walk away.

"I didn't lie." He said going behind him, "I love your voice. It's so calming. It makes me happy. Ay! Jihoon! Are you listening?"

"I am." Soonyoung could mostly see his back but he thought he saw him smile.

"Stop ignoring my compliments."

"C'mon Soonyoung! You give me a lot more!" he said and disappeared at the turn.

Soonyoung stood there stunned. What did he just say? He smiled shyly and ran back to class.

3rd day.

Just the 3rd day there and they had already lost two people.

Soonyoung punched the wall in frustration and anger and the others stood against the wall, anxiously. This was not supposed to happen. Everytime they thought they were close to escaping, something wrong took place.

3rd day and they already seemed to lose motivation.

"Just fucking kill me, you know!" Soonyoung screamed, "We can't seem to be doing anything here. Nothing seems to be going right! So what's the use of moving forward? Fuck all this!"

"Soonyoung-"

"Junhui, you have a knife, right? Please stab me with it. I don't want to go through this any longer!"

"Soonyoung hyung, can you calm down?" Minghao said.

"Calm down my fucking ass! You expect me to calm down when we're stuck in a cursed house for three fucking days with two of us gone missing? YOU EXPECT ME TO CALM DOWN?"

"Soonyoung!" Sungcheol said, his voice firm, "What do you want us to do? We're trying aren't we? And whatever is happening is not in our control."

"Yeah, yeah of course! First Seokmin and now Jihoon! All the people I cared about the most seem to be disappearing! It was Jihoon who got visions. WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW?!"

"Soonyoung!" Sungcheol held his shoulders, and the others stood there uncomfortably, "Have you lost it? Can't you see we all are struggling? Who are you trying to blame, huh?"

"ARGH!" he screamed and collapsed on his knees as violent sobs wracked him up, "I can't! Can't! It's too much!"

Sungcheol crouched next to him and pulled him into a hug, "Hey! We're trying right? And we all are here with you. Everything will end, Soonyoung. We just need time. Just a little more. You can do this."

Soonyoung just hugged back and sobbed harder.

*

Seokmin stood up, his feet hurt and his head felt light but he had to get up and move. What was this place he was in? How did he get in? There had to be a way.

"It's all an illusion." He reminded himself and walked forward, but stumbled and fell. The pain seemed to be seeping in through his bones, taking over his entire being. He didn't even fall that hard but it hurt!

He hadn't eaten or even had a sip of water for 3 days now. He was tired and so very weak! He didn't know how he was even alive. Was it a blessing that he was?

He planted his palms on the ground and got up, shaking off his dizziness. He breathed heavily. The littlest of physical activity was consuming all his energy now. He huffed and walked forward, feeling the walls. There had to be a way out.

"HHUH!" he gasped, his eyes widening as he felt metal rails. He scrambled his hands over the grey, concrete wall but he felt metal rails. Like the ones they use for prison cells. So it was an illusion! That meant there was a lock too.

He roamed his hands around the wall and his skin came in contact with a cold lock. Excitement bubbled inside him as he unbolted the door. The sound it made was pathetic but it sounded like music to him.

This was the sound indicating his freedom!

He stepped out and the illusion broke. He was in an underground cellar! The place smelt musty and rotten and the only source of light was a candle. Who lit it? Do spirits light candles as well?

He walked forward, the tiredness and nausea long forgotten. He was close to regaining his freedom! What else mattered?

He looked inside one of the cells and tears filled his eyes. Jihoon! It was him. It was really him!

"Hyung!" he screamed as he held onto the rusted, iron bars. "Hyung!" he yelled again as the tears fell. He unbolted his cell and ran inside. "Jihoon hyung!"

Jihoon's eyes widened as he saw Seokmin run towards him. Seokmin was alive! He got up and hugged him tight. It had been so long. So long!

Seokmin sobbed into his shoulders. 3 days. But it seemed like months.

"Hey? How is everyone?" Seokmin asked.

"How do you expect them to be?" Jihoon answered, holding his aching shins.

"What happened to you?" Seokmin asked as he followed his hand.

"A crawler dragged me here. It hurts, but it's okay. You know the way out?"

"No. but let's find it."

They walked out of the cell and walked the dingy corridors searching for a way out. But just as they thought they were successful, they were met with the blood soaked face of a man.

All hopes they had seemed to slip out from between their fingers, dissipating into thin air, leaving nothing in them.

Not even despair.