Chapter 50 - The Next Chapter

" Wake up!" A voice shouted amongst the darkness of this void, focusing on the one person who was laying on what seemed to be an invisible floor.
Zarmacks slowly opened his eyes, staring up at the stars in the galaxy. He leaned up, noticing his body wasn't a statue anymore.
" I guess I'm in the realm of the dead." He said, taking his time to stand up until noticing a swarm of souls soaring over him.

He reached out to touch them, sensing the negative aura emitting from them before retracting his hand.
" Those names... Only one was familiar to me. This means that those men will fall by Sin's hand like me." Zarmacks said, blinking only once as his entire scenery changed. He was now standing in what seemed to be like a cabin. There were seven beds with seven different names carved into the wood.
" Rigo, Rai, Jax, Trent, Dratacus, Deno, and Zarmacks." He said to himself, feeling an unfamiliar presence as he turned around slowly.

Zarmacks locked eyes with a man wearing a tuxedo, noticing the top hat before noticing the crest of a horseman on his pocket watch.
" So you are Death." He said to the man, not moving an inch in case Death was an enemy.
Ronin took off his hat, placing it on his stomach just before bowing respectfully to him.
" Indeed I am, I'm still not used to being called Death by mortals. I truly prefer my real name which is Ronin." He said, raising his head as he placed his hat back on his head.

" You already understand the role that was placed upon you. It seems there's a new generation of protectors except one of the seven. I won't tell who is the one because that makes everything exciting." Ronin said, flicking his right wrist as a cane materialized in his hand. He slammed the bottom of the cane onto the floor, releasing a small fragment of his power.
" Another thing before I let you speak, The Demons known as Sue and Nate have been placed in the void amongst other living beings that have been brought back to life a second time. I have no power there, They will remain in the void for the end of time from what I've learned. Charles on the other hand, He is placed back on the neutral level. He has done some wrong things and good things in his life. " Ronin said, glancing at each bed with a devious smile on his face.

" They knew the consequences but my father's past is something I wish to not dwell in. If there is a way for a second chance, I'd like to know-how. I don't care how long it will take, I'll make sure the last pawn of Sin in my universe is completely destroyed when I do return." He said, staring into Ronin's eyes as he stared laughing.
Ronin couldn't help but smirk, flicking his hat up. He turned his back to Zarmacks, a single tear running down his face.
" Eliza, It's going well." He said in his mind, wiping the tear before exiting the cabin through the front door.

Meanwhile, The apprentices were standing in Draig's throne room. Each of them remained silent, staring at Draig awaiting for him to speak.
" I know that you'll dislike my decision on the matter of Psycho destroying an entire Kingdom with the aid of the entire Cthulhu Family. My decision is that all demons living on this planet will be hunted. The people of that Kingdom will need our support to rebuild their home. Another thing, Anyone here speaks of that vermin will be executed in front of the people." Draig said, clenching his fists while thinking of his little brothers. He shook his head, rising from his throne, and proceeded to walk towards the apprentices.

" Tomorrow, You three will take the final step to become Generals. After that, I will grant each of you a temporary leave from the Kingdom. I understand there are still things troubling you three which is why I want to do this." Draig said, placing his hands on Aries and Anais's shoulder.
" I believe that you three will correct the wrongdoings in this world." As he said that, Those sea-green eyes of his changed to a dark shade of crimson for a split second.

Jack waited for Draig to exit the throne room, looking over to Anais and Aries before embracing them into a tight hug.
" Even though our minds and bodies are still recovering from two weeks ago. We need to push through anything that stops us. " He said, slowly smiling when they smiled at him.
At that moment, Jack caught a glimpse of Zarmacks standing in front of the Thone. He smirked at him, staring into those crimson eyes of his.
" We will get stronger for our family." Jack said which resulted in Anais and Aries looking at him. Aries looked over to the throne and saw nothing but felt a warm presence in the room.