Chapter 25- The Duel Of Men

Psycho towered over a defenseless soldier, reaching for the sword at his side as the female before him started to beg for her life.
" Please, Spare me kind sir. I just do this so I'm not poor like the rest of these peasants!" She yelled, covering her face with her hands as he could see tears rolling down her face. The male hesitated for a brief second, tightening his grip on the handle. " I won't be a slave like you four." She mumbled under her breath, slowly starting to laugh until she was silenced.
Blood dripped from the tip of the sword as her head bounced on the ground. There was a sadistic smile left on her face which disgusted Psycho.

All of a sudden, Psycho twisted himself around as his sword clashed against Jack's sword. The two held their ground, trying to gain an inch on the other before backing up ten feet. " SHE BEGGED YOU FOR MERCY AND YOU KILLED HER!" He yelled, Undoing the strap to his shield as it slammed onto the ground.
" You had no right to end a life without proper orders! You aren't a warrior nor a knight... YOU ARE THE KINGDOMS PUPPET! WHEN WE SAY ITS TIME FOR YOU TO DIE THEN YOU DIE!" He said, picking up his shield and charged recklessly at Psycho.

Psycho just stared at the woman's corpse, ignoring everything Jack just said. The stench of human blood filled his nostrils.
" You don't know true honor, We witnessed those children being abused just for not being able to pay the taxes this city placed upon them. I may have not grown up in their situation but they deserve a better life then DEATH!" He screamed, turning around and was barely able to duck the slash that was aimed for his neck.

Jack slid across the dirt, twirling the blade between his hands before slamming into the ground causing him to come to a stop.
" You will submit to me even if it takes you dying." He said, looking over to Psycho with killing intent.
Aries and Anais were preparing to stop this fight from going any further until Anais senses a familiar presence.
" There's no need to intervene my old friend. This fight isn't life or death..." A male said, The tone of his voice was smooth as silk.

Anais turned around to see an older man with copper eyes gazing at her. She covered her mouth, getting excited all of a sudden before embracing the man into a tight hug.
" Raiju, It's been so long!" She squeaked, realizing that she was showing more affection than needed.
Raiju patted her head, smiling at her while using his free hand to adjust his dark blue cloak. " It's only been eighty-five years Anais, I'm proud that you gained a human form. Who is this young male accompanying you?" He asked, looking over to Aries with a warm smile.

Aries quickly became embarrassed as he started fiddling with his fingers. The male's eyes glanced up to Raiju then back down to the floor. " I-I'm Aries, I am an apprentice under the ruler Draig while I'm representing The Kingdom Of Hope." He said, covering his face while peeking through his hands.
Raiju bowed in respect to Aries, showing the uttermost respect for the young man.
" Since we last met Anais, I go by the name Thomas now." He said, looking over to Psycho and Jack as their fight continued once again.

Jack slammed his shield against Psycho's face, knocking the male ten yards as he bounced off the ground but the brute wasn't going to let the male catch a breath.
Jack was moving faster than ever, slashing viciously at Psycho as only two out of twenty made contact with his body.
" You displayed so much power at the previous Kingdom, Where did it all go huh!?" He screamed at Psycho, watching him struggle to get on his feet.

Psycho smirked, trying to ignore the pain flowing throughout his body. The male took a deep breath before releasing a cloud of black mist. Over twenty Psycho's emerged from the mist, charging at Jack as their eyes were filled with a lust for blood.
Jack slammed his shield into the ground, placing it there for the moment before tightening his grip on the sword.

The first six Psychos were decapitated, pushing their lifeless bodies aside while focusing on the remaining fourteen.
" I've figured out where you are." Jack said, twirling his sword as he sliced another Psycho in half before following up with a deafening roar.
The remaining Psycho's stopped in their tracks, realizing something was keeping them frozen in place.
" Shadow Magic: Paralysis." Jack stated.