Chapter 42- The Trap

The angels lead the apprentices through the Kingdom, showing them the barracks for their soldiers.
" They look like their preparing for a war on the home front." Jack said, looking up to notice archers posting up on buildings around them like they were the enemy. He smirked, looking over to the head angel who kept gazing at Psycho.
" Enough distractions, We are here for one purpose. If things need to get messy, I'll make you wingless in an instant." He stated, watch the angels stare him down before returning to their original path.

Psycho stayed In the back, observing his surroundings until he witnessed citizens being teleported away. He knew they were clearing out the entire kingdom because an all-out war is about to go down.
" There's no reason for them to be like this. Someone is ordering these angels and it's definitely not another angel." He said to himself, catching a glimpse of a person with a centipede tattoo on their neck.

Immediately Psycho knew everyone was in danger. He rolled up his sleeves when they were drawing closer to the castle. There were more than one hundred soldiers standing out in front of the castle.
" Jack, If we get separated. You search for them while I draw attention." Psycho said to Jack, keeping his voice down that only the brute heard him.
When the doors of the castle started to open, something frightened all of them but they entered the building anyway.
" Enjoy the time you have with our Lord." The head angel said, not entering with the apprentice's aa the doors slammed shut behind them.

Lanterns started lighting up the hallway, each one revealed a trail of blood. It seemed to everyone that whoever the King or Queen was that they're a maniac.
" There's the doors to the throne room, Everyone be aware of your surroundings." Anais said, opening her grimoire while Psycho and Aries started rolling up their sleeves. Jack on the other hand, closed his helmet and unsheathed the beast of iron.

The doors to the Throne room started to open, suddenly a high pitched scream erupted from the darkness of the room. A child emerged from the shadows of the room, tripping over the carpet. Blood covered the little boy's face, there were scars covering his forearms and throat.
" S-Save us..." He said, looking at the apprentices before a chain wrapped around his throat and dragged him back into the room.

When the apprentices entered the throne room, everything was lit up by six torched. There were over thirty corpses hanging from the ceiling while cries for help echoed from the cages to their left and right.
" Holy Shit." Psycho said, examining the people in the cages and he knew what they were going through. He shifted his gaze towards the Throne to see no one sitting there.
" Whoever rules this filthy place, Come out and speak with us!" Aries shouted, forcing his tone to become deeper and louder.

The stench of tobacco filled Anais's nostrils, shifting her attention to behind the Throne. She saw a body being built out of thin air, there was no power being emitted from the body until something forced all the apprentices except Aries to kneel.
" Finally, I get to meet the lovely group that is ruining my plans in this Universe." A voice emerged, only Psycho recognizing it and being afraid of what's to come.
Aries watched the figure dissolve into thin air, feeling a hand graze his right cheek. He shifted his eyes to the right, seeing a decomposed face staring him down.
" W-Who are you?" He asked, trying his best to not display the fear that was taking over his body.

The male laughed, taking another hit from the cigar and blew the smoke up. He snapped his fingers, warping everything in the throne room. The apprentices were now standing in what seemed like space.
" I am what you call... The Puppeteer. You are my puppets pawns making you my servants until my puppets see you unfit for my goal." He said; turning around to see a meteor shower light up the darkness of space.

Psycho didn't hesitate to rush at the male, tightening his fists until he was grabbed by his face. He stared into the emerald eyes of his, seeing nothing but death and agony.
" Deric never mentioned why he's watched you four." The male said, holding Psycho up by his face before slamming him down onto an invisible floor.
" You and I will have a talk together." He said, placing his right foot on top of Psycho's chest to keep him from moving.

" We just want peace for our Kingdom...." Anais said, watching Psycho struggle to even move before realizing something.
" You are Draig's master... The man he fears." She said, analyzing the male until he gave her a thumbs up.
The man slowly removed his foot, leaning down to pick Psycho up by his hair. He held him up with a firm grip, barely slinging him but it felt like he was hit with a thousand bricks in a second.
" If you survive the massacre I have planned, I'll let you live the life you've dreamed of." He said, taking another hit of his cigar before everyone besides him was back in the throne room.