Chapter 37 - Part 1: The Test

Psycho charged at Deric, leaving a trail of fire as he ran. Each step he took was forcing Deric to lay down his weapon but it's his job to remove any problems. He tightened his grip on the Celtic Claymore, taking a step forward and slashed upward at Psycho.
The male swiftly moved to the left, crashing his fist against Deric's chest before a wave of fire launched him fifty yards.
" DERIC DO NOT HOLD BACK ON ME, I WANT TO BECOME SOMEONE THAT NO ONE WILL BE FEAR NOR HATE!" Psycho screamed at the top of his lungs, slamming his fists into the ground as he looked up at his cousin.

Suddenly, fire erupted from the ground in various locations. Each flame rocketed into the sky like a beam, Animals throughout the forest started going haywire.
" You shouldn't be going through this!" Deric shouted before launching the sword directly at Psycho. The sword went through any flame in its path, resulting in the blade heating up to a deadly extent.
Psycho's eyes widened, shifting his head to the side as the blade barely missed his head. When it passed him, Blue electricity started to spark around the handle.

Deric's right hand materialized on the handle, revealing that he was capable of teleporting at high speeds with Lightning Magic. He jerked the blade upward, spinning twice before slamming the blade down at Psycho.
Psycho didn't have enough time, raising his left arm to block the attack. As the attack connected, Lightning came down from the sky and struck Psycho where he stood.
" This is why, Our grandfather fears me. I'm a Hybrid of an Abyssal and a Human." Deric said, pulling the blade back. He twisted himself in the air, slamming his boot against Psycho's face.

That kick launched Psycho six yards, sending him through the forest. He went through about ten trees until he crashed into a gigantic rock.
" I-I can't move..." Psycho said to himself, trying to move his body resulting in a deadly electrical current sending shockwaves throughout his body.
Psycho forced himself to raise his head, noticing numerous daggers closing in on his location. He took a deep breath, jumping to his feet. All of the scales on his left arm shifted to his right leg before he slammed it down.

A thick layer of fire erupted right in front of him, concealing him from Deric's view. Each dagger entered the flame but none of them came out. Deric knew Psycho increased the temperature going up while maintaining the core of the fire so that it wouldn't spread.
" He's getting there" He said, dropping to the ground as a gigantic tree flew over his body.
Psycho's breathing wasn't being controlled properly, it looked like he was going to pass out from exhaustion.

Psycho took a deep breath before releasing a deafening roar that sounded identical to a dragon. The velocity of his vocals caused the ground to shake violently.
" MAKE THIS SUFFERING END MOTHER!" He screamed out, dragging his fingers down his face. Blood started running down his face due to him breaching the skin with his nails.
Deric cracked his knuckles, slamming his sword into the ground. Dirt started to rise into the air, spiraling into medium-sized balls while roots we're being placed in the mix of the balls.

Suddenly, The six balls we're launched at Psycho at incredible speed. The male narrowed his eyes, taking a step forward as he jumped over the first one. He twisted himself in the air, placing his foot on the second ball.
Psycho used this one as a platform to give him a boost. He pushed off the ball, a fire started emitting around his body.
" Fire Control: Weapon Of The Flames." Psycho said, pulling out a double-sided sword from the fire swirling around his right forearm.
He sliced the third and fourth ball, twirling himself before launching the weapon at the last two.

All of the fire coursing around his body, shifted to his right hand as the weapon exploded. The flames erupting from the weapon consumed the last two balls of dirt. Psycho took a step forward, unleashing a wave of ruby fire at Deric.
Deric quickly raised his left hand, releasing a maroon wave of fire to counteract Psycho's flames. As the two flames clashed against one another, there wasn't a difference in their magic strength. Each of them tried gaining ground on one another but failed until Psycho's flames split Deric's in half.

The maroon flames were passing Psycho on his left while the ruby flames were passing Deric on his right.
" I'm surprised that you have this much power, It's similar to your mothers." Deric shouted at Psycho, continuing to unleash more fire at him.
When Psycho heard Deric mention his mother, His horns started glowing brightly before his eyes shifted to a dark silver color.
The ruby flames started growing larger in size, increasing the heat along with it.

Psycho moved his left arm into the maroon flames before unleashing fire from his left hand. When he added his left hand, The strength of his fire skyrocketed to the point it consumed the maroon flames in an instant.
" IF YOU KNEW MY MOTHER THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE PREVENTED HER DEATH!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, salvia spewing from lips.
Deric was shocked by the sudden increase of power, lowering his left arm before slamming his hands together. The power released from the clap caused the fire to split down the middle.

The two Demons stared at one another, Deric smirked and taunted Psycho by waving his right hand. Psycho shook his head, recklessly charging at him without a second thought. The two were now engaging in hand to hand combat. Deric slammed his open palm against Psycho's chest, following up with sweeping his legs.
Psycho fell backwards, watching him slam his right fist into his stomach. He pushed himself off the ground, crashing his left foot against Deric's jaw. That attack forced Deric to take a few steps back until watching Psycho rush at him once again.