Moving?!?

If you see any spelling/grammar errors, please correct them so I can fix them!
_____________________________

"Don't extinguish the light just because they can't handle the brightness"
________________________________

It was a Monday morning when I woke up to start getting ready for school. I brushed my teeth and hair and put on my UA uniform. I grabbed my homework that was sitting on my desk and headed out the door.

I didn't get much sleep last night because I was thinking of a phone call I got yesterday.

My mother had called and told me that she had gotten a last minute well-paying job offer in America. Since my dad was also there for hero work, she asked me if we could move there. She gave me three days to decide and I was up all night thinking of the pros and cons of going.

Pros: I could see dad more, mom would make more money and be able to better support us, and it would be a great experience.

Cons: I'd have to leave all my friends behind, All Might wouldn't be able to train me, and there's the possibility of people bullying me again there.

Yeah, I have a quirk now, but what if they just don't like me? What if they think I'm weird?

I went downstairs, trying to shake my thoughts alway. I heard my name in the conversation going on in the common room.

"Hey guys, what are you-" they couldn't hear me but something they said caught my attention, so I quieted down and hid so no one would see me.

"...-zuku? Well... to be completely honest with you he's kinda annoying. With that mumbling and all the questions he keeps asking everyone about their quirks, it just gets on my nerves."

What the fuck? Was that... Todoroki? Why would he say that about me? I thought we were friends... I had liked him as more than a friend.

"I'm glad I'm not alone. He's also gotten really clingy lately, have you guys noticed?"

Uraraka too? What the hell? What, does the whole class hate me all of a sudden?

"Yeah. He always asks us to hang out. At first it was fine but then it just became a nuisance. I stopped hanging out with him after a while because he's annoying."

I never would have thought Iida would say things like that... he was always the most supportive of me.

Of course he would. Especially about you. You're just a useless, weak, pathetic little boy who doesn't deserve to be here.

Oh shut up intrusive thoughts.

I felt something wet down my face. Was I crying? Guess so.

I wiped my tears away and plastered on a fake smile. It was easy to make it convincing seeing as I had to do it in front of my mother for 9 years.

I took out my phone and pretended I was texting someone before walking in to the common room. The conversation that was previously going on had been stopped entirely.

Uraraka noticed me first. "Oh, good morning Deku!" She said with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

Did she always talk to me like this? Was there a time when she didn't have this opinion of me?

Your bullies were right, no one, not even people in UA would like you.

Shut up.

I gave her a small smile and nodded my head at her in acknowledgement before going back to my phone. I didn't feel like talking to any of them at the moment. I was debating texting my mother but decided against it.