Solo

A few hours later within the IJA HQ. 

Sofia found herself walking down a hall and clearly heading towards a predetermined destination. Sofia then knocks on a door that is labeled as "Agent Tandey".

"Come in." Clinton said from the other side.

"Here is my progress report that you wanted sir." Sofia said.

"Just leave it there. Good work."

"Alright if you need me for something else, I'm here."

"Alright, close it on your way out." Clinton said.

It's pretty hard to get work when you're solo, I've only been on 2 missions so far, I can't imagine how the others are doing too..., Sofia thought as she exited Clinton's office. 

Sofia continues walking, this time, back towards the bunkers, when suddenly her phone goes off. Sofia looks at the phone and the caller ID is Mama.

"Mama?" Sofia asked as she answered the phone. 

She doesn't get too many calls from her mother, so it was a surprise to see her calling in the middle of the day.

"Hello?" Sofia asked after there was a small pause over the line.

"Sofia, are you ok?"

"Mama..." Sofia said, which gets odd looks from other agents within the hall as a result.

"Mhm... I mean Mother... We talked about this, you shouldn't worry about me." Sofia said.

"You need to come home, dear."

"I can't, I'm working now."

"Sofia, it's your father..."

"Could you just tell papa I don't want to..." Sofia said, thinking that her stubborn father wants her to join the family business and be the rightful hand to eventually replace him.

"Sofia... someone hurt your father, you need to come home now!" Her mother said, which was shocking, to say the least. 

Someone hurt him? How is that even possible? Is anyone mad enough to attack the number one don in the world? It just didn't make much sense, and clearly, Sofia wouldn't get her answers over the phone, nor was that the right thing to do. 

Sofia didn't know how to take this information, she was clueless with the vague information given to her as well.

"Someone hurt him? I'm... I'll be there as soon as possible mama."

"Ok, please hurry." Her mother said before she hung up.

Someone hurt him? Mama never calls me about papa..., Sofia thought as she hurried towards the exit of the main building.