Princess Chrysta Mikoto

Meanwhile, Archer and Asami found themselves just outside the Princess' chambers. Two guards were planted on the door, cautious as well, especially after the recent events. 

Archer and Asami begin walking closer after glancing at each other from the presence of the iron walls.

"Don't come any closer." The guard said.

"What a pain..." Archer said.

If the jackets they wore wasn't an obvious indicator why they were outside the Princess' chambers, Archer didn't know what was.

"We're here to talk to the Princess who was attacked the other day." Asami said.

"Who are you?" The guard asked.

"We're the people you asked to investigate this." Archer said, stating the clear fact of the matter.

"You two are the ones from the IJA? Aren't you two a little young?" The guard asked.

Just as he finished his question, another guard approached from behind Asami and Archer. It was Toshiro, and he waved off the two guards.

"It's fine. They're with me." Toshiro said to the two guards.

"Yes sir!" Both guards said, acknowledging their commanding officer's orders.

I didn't think he was the one in charge..., Archer thought.

"So, you want to question Princess Chrysta?" Toshiro asked the two agents.

"Yes." Asami said.

"Right this way then." Toshiro said. 

The three enter the room where they see the princess looking out a very large window. The inside was quite beautiful, more so than the pink diamond-covered halls. It carried paintings of the past, along with emerald and gold plated windows that glistened as the light broke into the window. The window sill is big enough to be a bed. The princess sits on the window sill as they enter.

"My lady, The agents are here to ask you questions." Toshiro said. 

The princess was almost as beautiful as the entire country of Fuyu. Her blonde hair matched perfectly with the gold-lined room, along with her green eyes that sat perfectly with the contrast of the room. Chrysta sits down but doesn't turn around to face Archer and Asami, retaining a better view of the window.

"What did I tell you about calling me that..." Chrysta said.

"Chrysta..." Toshiro said before she finally acknowledged him.

"I'm listening." Chrysta said.

What a brat..., Archer thought, then said, "Well we want to know what happened to you the other day."

Of course he had to be the one stuck with questioning the brat, maybe this wasn't as easy as he thought it be.

"If you don't already know, then why are you even here..." Chrysta said.

"Chrysta, we just want to know what happened that day. All we know as of now is that you were attacked, but we're here to figure out why." Asami said.

"I... I don't... I don't remember..." Chrysta said, clearly a white lie.

"Are you serious... You seem traumatized from this by cooping up in this room watched by two guards... I don't think that's something you'd forget." Archer said.

"Fine... All I could remember is when I saw him..." Chrysta said before imaging the night off.

"I was walking back up towards my bedroom that night... That's when I saw him... he was... he was just standing there..." Chrysta said, as she remembered walking back within a poorly lit hall.

"I asked him if he was a part of the night shift... He never said a word. He just... he just stood there... That's when one of the other guards walked in... and I guess he was stunned there or trying to figure out what was happening. That's... that's all I can give you." Chrysta said before tearing up. 

Toshiro walks closer to Chrysta, attempting to give her comfort as well as pick up where she left off.

"When I entered the room the man was approaching Chrysta... and I... I was useless..." Toshiro said as he only blames himself for the events that occurred that night.

"So who killed the guy then?" Archer asked, poking at the elephant in the room.

"Luckily Kama was there to stop the assassin." Toshiro said.

"Kama? Was that the person that walked in before you entered, Toshiro?" Asami asked.

"Yes. He usually works the night shift, and we gave him the night off with pay last night as a sort of reward for saving the princess." Toshiro said.

"So this Kama will be here tonight?" Asami asked.

"Yes."

Nothing sounds suspicious other than why he froze there but that is just a normal reaction..., Archer thought.

"Thank you Chrysta, this helps us a lot." Asami said, then she and Archer exited the room.

"I'm not sure if we can trust any of the guards..." Asami said as both of them headed back to their room.

"I feel the same. We don't know what happened in that time between when Kama entered and when Toshiro entered. A lot can happen in that short time."

"We need to report back and try and question Kama if he comes tonight."

"That's what I'm worried about. If he doesn't show we have to find him in a city we have no clue where to look."