Rash Decisions

The 12th division detained Kama back within the Citadel in an old room within the basement. This room was from the old past of Fuyu made to keep prisoners in for attempting to break into the Citadel, or even worse, assassinate the royal members. Kama sat within a room sitting at an old wooden table and chained to it like an untrained dog.

"Thanks for helping us on such short notice." Maria told Toshiro, who showed them this old room that found no use nowadays.

"No problem..." Toshiro replied.

It was obvious he was confused and conflicted with all this. How can one of his own be behind the assassination attempt on the princess? He never would've expected it.

"What's wrong?" Maria asked.

"I... I still can't believe Kama would be behind something that would harm Princess Chrysta..." Toshiro said.

"It's ok. We'll take it from here." Maria said, dismissing Toshiro from this burden placed on him. It was only right to do so with Toshiro being so involved emotionally compared to the others.

"Ok."

"Oh and thanks for rearranging your holding cell to fit more of an interrogation room." Maria said.

"Ok... No problem..." Toshiro said before walking out of the basement.

The only thing he needed right now was fresh air.

"Ok, it seems we have a lead now. Kama is now a prime suspect." Maria said to the rest of the 12th Division.

"That won't last for long though, we know the Ishikawa family is behind this, why don't we just storm in there and make an arrest?" Vivian asked.

"We can't." Patti said.

"What? Why can't we?" Vivian asked.

"Do you know how hard it is to take down a man like the Don of the Ishikawa family... We'll need overwhelming proof that he took part in this. Right now, we have nothing more than someone who attacked two agents. We need to find more proof of Don Ishikawa being involved than just having a hunch or a theory." Patti said.

"The Captain's right, the best we can do right now is question Kama. Good job Yuki and Jiro." Maria said.

"It wasn't a problem..." Yuki said, he was flattered by the compliment.

If it wasn't for me the brat'd be dead right now!, Patti thought.

I can't believe he's actually working with that bastard..., Archer thought.

There's the Yuki I remember from the youth program..., Asami thought.

"He stated earlier that every Ishikawa family member is trained on how to use a sword if that helps." Jiro said. 

He was able to speak comfortably within this group that he wasn't completely comfortable with. Yuki might be a reason to this, but he wasn't one who would catch on to his influence right away.

"Interesting, that does help. We can be better prepared in case we have another confrontation with these guys. Alright, wish me luck." Maria said.

Although it wasn't much, anything was more than nothing at all. Especially with what Maria had in mind.

"What are you about to do?" Vivian asked.

"Yeah, please tell us, you do make rash decisions a lot..." Archer said.

"Well. I need one of you to question Kama, which will be... Asami, you do it." Maria said.

Asami didn't really know how to feel being thrown in the wolves without even a warning. Interrogation too? She's never done this before, nor was she given any training on the matter.