A Father's Wish

After the successful mission for the 3rd Division, Rollan was taken to the infirmary to be treated by doctor Drabek.

"That should do it." Drabek said as she finished wrapping up Rollan's hand.

"Thank you..."

"You ready?" Sam said as he stood in the doorway.

"Yes." Rollan responded, then they exited the room and headed into the hall.

"I haven't been here in a while..." Rollan said as they continued within the hall.

"I know you were here during the graduation ceremony..." Sam said.

"Oh... Well, I haven't been here since then..."

"Come with me. Someone wants to meet you."

"Oh, alright. Another thing I wanted to tell you... Thank you for keeping my daughter safe."

"I did nothing, that girl could take care of herself. Here we are." Sam said.

They both entered an office and saw Lynden inside of it and looking out the window.

"There you are, I never doubt you, Sam." Lynden said as if this was all planned.

"Well, I'll leave now and let you two at it. Nice seeing you Rollan."

"Alright, nice seeing you too, Sam."

"Now, I wanted to offer you a job here, Rollan." Lynden said.

"Ok, but why?" Rollan asked.

Rollan was curious, a man of his history should either be dead, in jail, or constrained to the occupation that made him what he was. 

A Cold Blooded Killer. 

But that label, once it stuck was quite inescapable. Running from it was like running away from an ostrich, it's impossible. 

So now, a man with the mark of the beast is given a job opportunity from the scales and sword. Even a blind man would see the oddity in the offer.

"After I heard what had happened with you and your family, I wanted you to work here rather than rotting and waiting to die at your reserve."

"What job, you want me to be an agent here?"

"Well, something more than that. I already know what your capable of and I trust your skills, so I wanted to offer you a position as a division captain here. But with a current situation that has that on hold, I'd like for you to be by my side for the time being until I can figure where to place you."

"Division captain? What is that?"

"It is one of the highest-graded agents within the agency. You'd be in charge of your own operations and even have your own team as well. Basically the best of the best here."

"Is that how highly you think of me?" Rollan asked.

Even though the question was as monotone as an emergency broadcast, he was quite shocked beneath the sirens. The Director of the IJA not only wanted to give him a job, but he wanted to give him the highest rank available. 

Was he deserving of such? Everyone thought otherwise besides him.

"Yes, you're one of the most powerful men in the world. Heck, I would offer you my job if it were open." Lynden replied.

"Alright... When can I see Ana?" Rollan asked. Something was far more important to him than a career opportunity.

"Wait, you accept?"

"I have nothing better to do. Why not..."

"Then sure you can see Ana whenever you want."

"Thank you." Rollan said.