I Need to Protect Them!

(A powerful aura envelops him, and he stands in his new transformation. Sharp teeth and claws, pointy ears, almost a wolf. Michael hides behind Barzark, scared of the new creature.)

Barzark: By Lumen! A Primal god!

Miranda: Oh~ A primal beast?

Joss (mind): They don't seem to be scared. I need to finish this up quick.

Miranda: Come.

(With outstanding speed, Joss moves towards Miranda and with a mixture of striking claw attacks and kicks, makes his way. Miranda is delighted by such attacks, although she evades them with ease.)

Joss: How can this be?!

Miranda: If that is all you can do, this fight is truly a shame.

Joss: I need more power!

Joss (Mind): Cer! I need more power! Give everything you have!!!

Cerberus: I can't do what you request. More of my primal aura and you will change forever.

Joss (Mind): Just do the damn thing! I need to...I need to protect them. It's my fault they are like this. I will do anything to take them to safety. Even turning into a monster.

(Cerberus stays silent for a moment)

Cerberus: Ok. You will have 30 seconds to unleash your attacks. After that, you will be powerless for minutes.

Joss (Mind): Thanks pal.

(Around Joss, a savage beast-like aura emanates. Fur begins to grow, and his human aspect slowly changes to that of a wolf. He stares at his prey, calculating the distance. There is silence, and, in a flash, some blows were exchanged. A barrage of bites, claws and kicks are made by the beast. Miranda tries to evade but at the end, she was slow. Joss took the chance and bites her in the neck. A gash of blood pours from the wound. He turns to see her comrades. Barzark and Michael stand calmly watching. He is confused but he hears a whisper to his right side.)

Miranda: Truly wonderful, Deadman.

(Joss opens his eyes wide, just to notice that Miranda was to his side, without a scratch. She smiles. Joss feels a heavy, hot feeling in his right shoulder. When he sees, a giant hole appeared in it.)

Miranda: That was a good warm up although, I think this match has ended.

(Joss is perplexed. He cannot understand what just happened. Miranda tilts her head and comes near him.)

Miranda: It seems that you aren't able to grasp what is going on. Since you made it so far, I will tell you. My power is quite simple. (She walks slowly in front of him) I'm capable of manipulating light. You will not be able to touch me, in the least, see me. But the match was decided in the beginning, for you see, I master another ability. (She come face to face with Joss) It is fear.

(Joss opens her eyes. He can see her soft skin and lips; however, her semblance was that of a psychopath.)

Miranda: The moment you show fear, I win. The moment you doubt, I win. The moment you hesitate...(She gently caresses his face. Her mouth come closer to his right ear.) I...Win.

(She makes a spear with his hands and impale him through his belly. He doesn't move.)

Miranda: Cannot you see? Don't you believe me? Look at yourself.

(Joss watch his hands. He is trembling. The transformation vanishes and he falls to his knees.)

Barzark: It seems our job is done. Let's take his head to the Queen, Miss Miranda.