Growth

(With the snap of her fingers, Merlin made a stage with a barrier. Joss and Vita took opposite directions and prepared for the exchange of blows.)

Merlin: Begin!

(Joss is a little confused but decides to give the little servant a chance. On the other hand, Vita takes out a small sword.)

Vita: Here I come, Master!

(She begins to run and swing the blade. Joss made a blood sword and parry some of the attacks and evades others.)

Joss: Mmmm...It seems you have been training while I was away.

Merlin: You should take this seriously, or you will pay the price.

Joss: Pay the price?

(Without hesitation, Vita moves quickly and punches Joss in the stomach, sending him to the side of the barrier.)

Joss: AGH! Shit! What was that?!

Vita: I want you to fight me for real, Master!

Joss: Eh, if that is what you really want, (He spits blood) I will fight you with all my power!

(He makes to blood daggers and rushes to his opponent. Each exchange blows and are quick, but Vita was more precise with her attacks whereas Joss was slow and sluggish. The eyes of Vita were different from the girl Joss took for the first time. He smiled for he knew she was going with all her might.)

Joss: Sorry for still doubting you, Vita. (A red aura surrounded Joss) Now, the real fight begins.

Vita: Thanks, Master.

Anastacya: Hey! Don't you dare do something bad to Vita, Joss!

Merlin: Stay quite Ana. Joss acknowledged that Vita has the power to stand in the face of danger, and as a warrior, he wants to answer her with his full power. Just let them be.

(Joss entered demon mode and his speed increased. He began to push Vita with his attacks until he blew her against the barrier. She falls and tries to stand up again but all the bruises in her body prevented that.)

Joss: We should stop.

Vita: No...It can't be. After all that harsh training with Merlin...I just wanted to be of help to Master.

Joss: You are, Vita. You just need to keep practicing and training.

Vita: Master, master, master!

(She begins to change. One of her eyes turns blue and the other red. Her hair changes too to white. Merlin stands)

Joss: Wait Merlin. Let's see what happens.

Merlin: She is losing control, Joss. That happened to while we were in session.

Joss: I know, but I want to see her full capabilities, even if it kills me. (He shares a smile) Now, come Vita!

(Vita rushes with extreme speed and power. Her sword, infused now with electricity, makes a horrendous screech. She slashes and tries to bite Joss, but he was able to enter in arch-demon mode, making him able to evade most of the attacks. It was working until Vita raised her levels once more and pierced Joss in his stomach. He pushes her away. A gush of blood pours out of the hole freshly made.)

Joss: Vita, enough. You can stop now.

(His words didn't do anything. She begins to charge her sword and rushes at her target again. Joss went back to his normal form and with a sweet voice, he talks to her again.)

Joss: Vita, enough.

(She stops just in time and returns to her normal self. She faints but Joss catches her.)

Joss: Good girl.

(Anastacya and Shion are speechless. Merlin walks towards both of them)

Merlin: How did you knew she would stop?

Joss: I didn't. I just trusted her. I know what if feels to be in rage. All turns black and you just lost yourself in it. You only need someone to just...call for you...

(He caresses her face.)

Joss: I know now that she will be capable of surviving in this world now.

(She awakens and looks at everyone)

Vita: What...what happened? (She looks at Merlin) Did I went berserk again?

Merlin: Yes.

Vita: Did I harmed Master?

Joss: I'm right here. You have been a good girl, training and gaining strength.

(She begins to cry. In that instance, a spell bird posed itself in Merlin's shoulder and after a brief time it vanishes.)

Merlin: Well, why don't we all have a free day off?

Everyone: What?

Merlin: After all this troublesome quest of saving Joss and training, you need to rest. I suggest you go inside Aerilon and spend some quality time there.

Anastacya: Like a-a date? (Her face turns red)

Merlin: If that is want you want. (She smirks) But first, we must go to the university of this city. I want you to meet someone.

Everyone: Ok!

(After some time, everyone gathered their things and went inside again, to the city of dragons.)