Believe in yourself

(Joss enters his cell. Charles, from nowhere talks to him)

Charles: Good job surviving against that robot, Mr. Joss.

Joss: When will this end?

Charles: Soon, maybe?

(Charles smirks and leaves. Then Joss feels a presence behind him and moves to attack but the person evades. It was Tara.)

Tara: Easy there!

Joss: ...What do you want?

Tara: I...well...I wanted to give you my thanks...for letting me live. But why?

Joss: I was brought here against my will. I guess I understand how it feels to be used and by someone who is a douche.

(Tara laughs)

Tara: You REALLY are a weird person.

Joss: Why do you say that?

Tara: Well, usually, we see humans as something that is evil and wants to harm us. But you...are different somehow...

Joss: People usually say that. On another topic, how can I get my hands on some of the web you are using?

Tara: Web? Oh this? (She makes a web out of her fingers) We from the spider family can produce our own, but this comes from Mother.

Joss: Mother?

Tara: Yesh! The Spider Queen. She lives to the east of the other continent, in a place known as the Eternal Woods. It is a place filled with spiders, such as me and other nocturnal creatures. We are supposed to be protected by the Great One, so nothing bad happens to all. Mother lives there and makes sure nothing bad happens to us, her children.

Joss: Interesting. The thing is I took a fascination to it, since it can be used to do different things.

Tara: What things? (Stepping back)

Joss: Oh sorry, I don't mean it in that way. I come from a different place and I was an anesthetic.

Tara: Anes-What?

Joss: Kinda like a doctor.

Tara: Really?! Wow!!!

Joss: Yeah, that's why I could bring you down without killing you. The point is, I could really use it to treat and help other people.

(He touches the web)

Joss: It can be used to close wounds since it can be non-sticky and durable.

Tara: The thing is that Mother is the only one in the world capable of producing it. She lent me her powers since I made a contract with her.

Joss: Mmmm...So I need to make a contract...But I think it will be impossible. She will kill me the moment I enter the woods.

Tara: Well....(She walks around the cell) I can help you meet her.

(She takes out a needle and gives it to him)

Tara: Once you enter the woods, show this to any spider and they will lead you to mother, but, you must overcome the trial she will give you if you wish to use her powers.

(Joss takes the needle)

Joss: I appreciate it, but why are you helping me?

Tara: You saved my life. Is the least I can do, and besides, you are a good human.

(She kisses him on the lips)

Joss:...It is weird to say that I liked that?

Tara: I don't know, tell me yourself. (She giggles and exits the cell)

Joss: Why don't you return to the woods?

Tara: The Madame wouldn't let me. I'm just waiting my death here. It was nice to meet someone who cares for me once in my life. See ya, Joss the human.

(She runs out of the cells. He touches his lips and smiles. A short moment after, Lizzie comes in front of him)

Lizzie: Why are you smiling like a retard?

(Joss startles)

Joss: Oh...nothing...

Lizzie: Mmmm...Well, you made it!

Joss: Yeah, somehow...

(She enters the cell and hugs him)

Joss: You are not supposed to do that.

Lizzie: Why are you always so grumpy?

Joss: I don't know. Genetics maybe?

(In that instance, a beautiful lady comes in with a muscular man besides her)

Hilma: Lizzie, my sister.

(Lizzie turns to her)

Lizzie: Hilma...

Hilma: It seems your puppet survived so long, but he will perish soon enough.

Lizzie: I don't think so! Because—

Hilma: He fought against tough warriors? Don't make me laugh. He cannot win against my warrior, Brutus.

(The giant man looks at Joss)

Brutus: Human, such arrogant creatures.

Hilma: He is an angel, well, a fallen one really, but that doesn't matter really.

Lizzie: An...angel?!

Hilma: Yes. He hasn't lost and wins always from the first strike. If I were you, I would surrender know.

(Lizzie stays silent)

Hilma: Well, I'll see you in the upper deck.

(Both walked out of the cells. Lizzie stares at the floor.)

Joss: Why are you so down?

Lizzie: She has an angel.

Joss: And what about it?

(She runs and hugs him while crying.)

Lizzie: I don't want you to die!

Joss: What? Why?

Lizzie: Angels are very strong creatures and Hilma is a sadist. She will try and kill you in a slow way! And I...I don't want to lose you!

Joss: But what about your dream? Your hopes?

Lizzie: I can live...doing other things...

Joss: You belittle me? You think I cannot win against him?

Lizzie: That is not the thing...

Joss: Lizzie, you need to believe more in yourself. You are capable of doing good things.

Lizzie: But...

Joss: Then get out. If you can't trust in yourself, and in me, leave.

(He pushes her away. She exits the cell and leaves crying.)