Demon Mode

(Joss wakes in the middle of the night and begins to meditate. Near the waterfall of where Joss and the Great Mother was, Mei is meditating. Her body starts to shine in a strong red color, her pulse commences to rise, and the waterfall's flow slowly changes until a great explosion occurs. Mei opens her eyes and they are a deep red color. The time comes at sunrise and both fighters along with the Great Mother and Wendy arrive at the stage. Joss is wearing a training clothe, while Mei is in a kimono. Wendy stands beside the Great Mother who rises her voice and starts to talk)

Great Mother: We stand here in this morning, for this two people have set a pact in motion. Both persons, stand in the middle and make the ritual!

(Both Joss and Mei walks in the front, cut each other hands and whispered the conditions of the battle, then spilled their bloods in the middle of the stage)

Great Mother: As it has been done, the pact is active, and both fighters shall engage until one of you is unable to fight or surrenders. Killing is permitted. May the World give her blessings to both of you and engage with honors!

(Both persons went to each side)

Mei: I'm Mei Onimatsu, descendant of the demon clan, and I will fight using the art of the dual blades and the style of the Oni.

Joss: I'm Joss McCain, descendant of the McCains, and I will fight using the art of the dual blades and the style of the Oni.

(Mei stares confused at Joss)

Mei: Using the same weapon and style? Are you really sure? You really couldn't have attained the demon mode in just two weeks.

Joss: If you want to find out, come.

Mei: Oh, I'm going to enjoy this!

(Mei takes out her two dual blades from her kimono and make a dance stance. Joss makes out two blood dual blades. Both clashed with a mighty fierce blow. They stand again at each other's end. Mei runs towards Joss and makes a jump attack. Joss slides and place himself behind Mei. He sprints towards her to attack from behind, but Mei makes an elusive evasion cutting Joss' back. He falls to the floor)

Mei: Did you really trained with Grandma? Your moves are slow and sloppy, you are not concentrated and are extremely weak.

Joss: That was just a lucky shot. (He stands) Let's go for the second round!

(Joss closes his eyes and the red aura starts to rise.)

Mei: Oh? Demon mode? Can you maintain it thou?

(Mei grins and the same aura is seen in her but more fiercely. Joss opens his eyes and makes a battle stance.)

Mei: Ready boy?

(Joss smiles. They both sprung up into action trading deadly blows. While Joss' attacks are more powerful, Mei's attack are more elusive and dance like, more accurate. After some moves, both engage in the center again.)

Mei: You have my praise for being able to attain demon mode, but it is not enough. You are not worthy of learning this style, of having Wendy and living.

(She began to push Joss slowly to the end of the stage. He struggles but is in vain. She moves rapidly and makes a dance move, resulting in wounding Joss in his stomach. He quickly falls, and blood began to gush out of his wound. H...

(At the tea shop, in Joss' room he opens his eyes only to notice Mei's face close to him.)

Joss: W-what the hell?!

Mei: D-don't think anything wrong! I was only c-checking if you were still alive.

Joss: I AM!

Mei: Well...get up and go see the Great Mother!

(After a brief moment, Joss gets out of his room and goes to where the stage was. The Great Mother was sitting in a chair, drinking tea.)

Great Mother: Come my child, sit.

(Joss sits)

Great Mother: After all that fighting and training, you are finally able to defend a protect other people. First, let me congratulate you.

(She takes out a box and opens it. Inside was wristband and a rock attached to it)

Great Mother: Remember when I asked for a sample of your blood at the beggining of your training? It was so I could make this. Put it on.

(Joss puts the wristband.)

Great Mother: You will be able to summon your weapons easier and will not suffer mayor blood loss. It will also help you control the demon mode.

(Joss makes different weapons to test the new item while making stances and combat movements.)

Joss: This is pretty handy. I like it!

Great Mother: As a final step to complete your training, you must drink the tea in front of you.

(The tea that was in front of Joss had a red/black color with an intense odor)

Joss: And that will not kill me?

Great Mother: If Mei didn't, that tea will not.

(Joss hesitates for a moment but in the end, he drank the liquid. Inside his body, a sharp pain was felt in his heart. The Great Mother began to chant some words. Joss grabbed tightly his heart and began to gasp until he was fine again)

Great Mother: It is done.

Joss: What the fuck was that?!

Great Mother: Nothing important really. Just a tea made of a lot of spicy things.

(She laughs. In that moment, a humongous earthquake was felt through the entire planet. In distant places, trees fell apart, the ocean went violent and the skies turned black, but everything returned to normal.)

Great Mother: So, the wheel of destiny began to move again. ( She said in a soft voice)

Joss: The what?

Great Mother: Nothing my child. You may go now. You are free to do whatever you want. Nevertheless, what you really need is to the south of this kingdom.

Joss: What I really need? A way out of this planet? Is it really in the south?

Great Mother: It can be. A very dear and old friend of mine told me this. It's your choice if you want to go or not. I advise you to find your friends and let them know what you think.

(Joss nods)

Joss: Thanks, Great Mother. I will do that. And thanks for everything you have done for me.

(He bows his head, so the Great Mother. Joss walks towards the exit of the shop)