Sailing into Dangers

(They began their travel to the south with Merlin as their mentor. She trained Katherine with her strength, changing abilities and endurance. Anastacya, Shion and Joss trained with her last part, Spirit. Each one gained new abilities. At the end of each day, Merlin sat beside the fire and told stories of the ancient past. The last day finally arrived and Joss ends the training.)

Joss: (Pants) Damn. How did I?

Merlin: Well, you have improved quite a lot.

Joss: Can you show me with numbers?

(Merlin lowers her face then makes a magic circle and some numbers appeared)

Joss: Is this true?!

(He exits the training ground angry. Merlin follows)

Anastacya: What is his problem?

Merlin: You can measure progress with numbers, although it is not always right. Well let's get ready, we are here, in the port.

(A fresh breeze can be felt alongside the taste of salt water)

Anastacya: And what about him?

Merlin: Leave him be for the moment. He needs to let out the steam. Gather everyone, we are going into the port.

Lucas: (Notices Joss.) Hey Joss, are you ok?

Joss: It's just that from the moment I came to this world, I have trained my ass out only to gain almost nothing. It's frustating.

(Vita comes silently)

Vita: Master, Merlin is calling us.

Joss: Oh, Vita. Yeah sure.

(He changes his face so she couldn't see his frustration)

Joss: Lucas, let's go.

Lucas: ok...oh and Joss remember, without sacrifices no achievement can be made.

(They both head to the port)

(Once in the port, Merlin moves and takes a big breath)

Merlin: Just like old times. I will get ourselves the transportation we need. You can walk around but don't get too far!

(She then walks to one of the bars inside. Shion and Anastacya began a little walk in the port. They are greeted by the fishermen and the kids.)

Kid #1: We need to be ready when she sets sail!

Kid #2: Yes! They say it happens every thousand years and I don't wanna miss it!!

(Both adventurers are left speechless)

Shion: What do you think that will happen?

Anastacya: Maybe some kind of festivity?

(They walked some more and waited outside of the bar for Merlin. On the other hand, Joss went with Vita. She stares for a moment at the kids playing with a ball.)

Joss: Do you want one?

Vita: Um..no..I can't possibly ask for something like that.

Joss: Hey, it isn't bad to have fun sometimes. Wait here.

(He enters a shop. The ball lands near Vita and one of the kids approach her.)

Kid: Hey can you pass me the—

(Vita tilts her head. Another kid arrives)

Kid #2: Dude, stay away! She is a...a halfling, and a slave...