• 29 •

Shifting ever-so slightly, I drew myself closer to the warm source of heat beside me. Something tightened around me and pulled me closer, burying their face into my neck. Frowning, I attempted to look up from practically being suffocated into someone's chest. Arching my neck up, which was impossible, I see the dark trendils of hair shaped messily around the face. His scent hit me like a brick.

Kaname.

Sparks of joy soared into my heart and stomach, pulsing throughout my veins. Wait...

How the fuck did he get here?

Ahh, now I remember. That damn nightmare about what happened. My father was a complete bitch; maybe I should find him and teach him a lesson he soon wouldn't forget.

Thinking about those dreaded memories filled me with rage, violent swarms of anger swept through me like a bullet. My own blood relative had forced me away to live the life of a human, all whilst Kaname had been made to forget every wisp of memory he had of me.

Shaking from the anger, I quickly pulled away from Kaname, just so I wouldn't alarm him and make him worry. As I did so, I heard a slight groan of annoyance erupt from him, his hands groping the warm bedsheets that I'd just been lying on. Giggling quietly, I slipped my grey robe on and secretly slipped from the bedroom.

Treading down the stairs, I saw a few vampires who were lounging on the sofas, probably not being able to sleep. I'm still not used to all the changes of sleep patterns, you do you I guess.

"Good morning, Ms Ouri!" They all said to me whilst I was passing. I beamed at them and greeted them back.

"Morning!" I said, waving at a vampire who had a glass in their hand. "Go easy on the blood tablets, I will warn you it's not pretty when-"

I was interrupted by being poked in the back. I won't lie, it actually hurt! That finger must have some pretty decent exercises or something because that was kinda impressive. Now I'm thinking about it, Ima have to start exercising the finger-

"Uhhh, Y/n..." The voice interrupted my INCREDIBLY important thoughts, I'm so offended.

I turned around to see Akatsuki, his face was bashful, he was scratching his neck and his hair fell over his eyes.

Cute.

"Yeah?" I said, pretending I wasn't just thinking I should start training my finger.

"Umm, hi." He just said, how the hell am I supposed to respond to this?

"What's up? I just came down for a blood tablet and I'll be going back to Kaname then." I said softly, aware of the vampires who may still be asleep.

"I was going to get a blood table too."

Sure you were, I rolled my eyes in my mind.

"May I join you?" He asked.

I laughed softly "You don't need to ask permission, the tablets are for everyone." I shook my head at him and smiled, his eyes traced my lips and I grimaced slightly.

Without saying much else, I walked past him to the kitchen and searched for them, finding them in the cupboard. I grabbed them and ripped open them pouch, suddenly desperate for the taste. My mouth watered and I got a glass of water, dripping the pill in, I watched it dissolve slowly.

Akatsuki followed suit, standing silently next to me. I downed the water and set the glass back onto the side, glancing around the room to find something, anything, to do.

I was inwardly dying at the silence, I opened a drawer and rifled through it.

Arms suddenly wrapped around my waist and I jumped back, yelping.

Kaname's presence instantly calmed me, his scent, fresh pine and citrus, filled my nose and I leaned back into his chest; savoring the warmth he gave me.

"I felt your distress, it made me... worried." He whispered in my ear, kissing my temple.

"Softie." I smirked, lifting my hand to touch his cheek, he leaned into my touch and kissed my palm.

"Only for you."

I grinned and turned around in his arms, staring into his smiling eyes. Kaname leaned down and kissed my lips with a sweet tenderness, releasing himself slowly.

It would seem that we both forgot Akatsuki was there, until we heard a scoff come from his direction.

Kaname growled and threw a glare at him, his eyes a blood red shade. Akatsuki held his ground, glancing at me. Kaname didn't seem to like this, snarling at the vampire and hiding me behind his body.

I rolled my eyes, territorial vampire!

"I know what you're thinking, Akatsuki... I'd recommend you stop that. Right. Now." Kaname warned, gritting his teeth.

"I'm not sure I know what you mean." Akatsuki joked, his voice hollow.

Kaname stalked over to him slowly, like a predator on the hunt for its prey. The silence was overbearing. I wrung my hands. I walked over to him and lightly touched his shoulder, rubbing it.

"Kaname, please calm down." I asked, trying to hide the strain in my voice.

"Not until he realizes he'll never have you!" He hissed, making me gulp. I knew Akatsuki wanted more than friendship from me, but I couldn't give him what he wanted.

"You may want to check that, Kaname, especially after I tell her how to end the blo-" Akatsuki was cut off by a hand taking his throat and smashing him against the wall.

Damn, imagine all the vampires trying to sleep right now.

Cracks of plaster crumbled and flaked onto the floor, a dent of Akatsuki's head imprinted in the wall.

That better be repaired.

Kaname was snarling lowly at Akatsuki and muttering things that were incoherent under his breath, Akatsuki had the audacity to look bored.

That's brave... but also stupid.

Rolling my eyes, I decided I needed to stop these two from damaging more of the wall.

"Stop!" I yelled, silently apologizing to all those vampires who were still in bed.

"You two need to get your acts together and calm the fuck down! I'm sick to death of your constant arguments. Now shut your mouths before I do it for you." I said, glaring at both of them.

Kaname let go of Akatsuki and made his way over to me, staring at me with forlorn eyes.

"I'm sorry, my love. My instinct is just to protect you and I can't help it..." he said quietly.

"I understand, Kaname. But I don't need protecting, I'll be fine." I rubbed his arm to comfort him.

I still saw Akatsuki in the corner of my eye, his eyes burning into mine. Sighing, I turned to him.

"I'll speak to you later, leave us please." I ordered, his face lit up at the chance of seeing me again.

I turned back and Kaname was glaring at the floor, his eyes filled with such hatred.

"Hey, you have nothing to worry about. I chose you, Kaname. I'll always stick by your side" I whispered, moving a lock of his hair from over his eyes.

Kaname took a deep breath and nodded, his hands cradling my face.

"I trust you, I just don't trust him." He said, pulling me closer.

"I know." I replied, placing a sweet kiss on his lips, smiling up at him.

I need to know what Akatsuki meant by ending the bloodbond.