• 16 •

Kaname's POV

I had said goodbye to Ichio, leaving the other vampires to escort him to a different room.

I wanted to find Y/N.

Making Akatsuki take her to a different room was awful, my heart wrenched as I watched the walk off together, but it couldn't be helped. Hopefully, I can find her now, I still don't trust him after their argument earlier.

I closed my eyes and sniffed the air gently, I caught her wonderful scent and sighed. I can never get enough of her.

From the power of her scent, I could tell that she wasn't far, probably in one of the many recreational rooms we have, full with different comfy chairs and such.

I followed it, it was getting more and more powerful as I walked closer. Walking to the single oak door, I pulled the latch and pulled the door, seeing a fire lit in the corner of the room.

I looked at the grey sofa and saw two figures on it, one lay on the others lap in sleep, looking very relaxed.

It was Y/N and Akatsuki.

I swallowed down my dislike and walked towards them, gazing down at the sleeping figure who was unaware of my presence.

"I see that your comfortable, Akatsuki. Perhaps, too comfortable." I snarled, feeling my body shake at the fact that he has touching her.

"You two did form a blood bond, didn't you?" Akatsuki said, sensing that I was getting overprotective and possessive. Which I wasn't.

I frowned, about to say that it was none of his business, involving himself in private matters. But then I thought, let's play with his feelings.

I smirked, looking down at him and pushed my black hair out the way of my eyes.

"As a matter of fact, we did. So she will be mine, no matter what you do." I said, my eyes squinting at him.

"You know they can be broken, right?" Akatsuki said, opening smiling at his information. That bastard.

"If she didn't want to be mine, wouldn't she have refused me by now? Y/N would never do that." I said, trying to control my voice so it didn't waver.

"She will, as soon as she sees what kind of person you've become. I'll also be trying to win over her heart, it won't take long." He said confidently, gently raking his fingers through Y/N's lovely, silky black locks.

He went too far.

The room turned dark and cold, the warmth of the fire had been extinguished as the windows cracked.

"I'd stop talking, if I were you." I warned, my blood boiling hotter than it has ever been, how dare he threaten me.

"I wouldn't try anything either, we wouldn't want to wake up our precious princess." Akatsuki said lowly, stroking her cheek softly.

"She's mine." I snarled, my fangs elongating as my fists clenched by my sides.

"I wouldn't be too sure of that." He replied, looking up at me in amusement, thinking he's winning.

That was the last straw, I bent down and gently picked up Y/N, her frame pressed against my chest. Akatsuki grabbed my wrist as I tried to stand up but I glared down at him. He suddenly found it a struggle to breathe, his eyes watered as he let go of my wrist and clawed at his neck. Shame.

I smirked and took Y/N away from him, hearing her give a small whimper as the cold seeped into her bones. I looked down at her face and felt possessiveness overcome me. To have her near me was a relief in itself.

I hurried out of the door and to my room, laying her on my bed and covering her with my silk covers, content that she was safe, warm and near me. I leant down and kissed her forehead, staying there for a few seconds before standing back up. I looked down at her lips which were plastered in a straight line, oh how I wish I could kiss those lips. Just once.

I backed away and let out a deep breathe, closing my eyes. I don't want to let her go, to have her leave me for that bastard in the other room.

But never mind him now, I will make sure Y/N is safe. I will deal with Kain tomorrow, right now Y/N is my priority. I looked back at her before making my way to my red sofa and lying across it, one hand on my stomach while I lay one behind my head.

I stared out the window, the moonlight hitting my face as it looked at me from the sky. While deep in my thoughts, I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

Ruka.

I let out a sigh, Y/N might wake and be disturbed from sleep. I looked at the door and heard another soft knock. Deciding to reply, I licked my dry lips and closed my eyes.

"If I continued to ignore you, would you stand there forever, Ruka." I said, watching as the young woman timidly opened the door.

She walked in, her hair a little bit messed up, perhaps from tossing and turning most of the night.

"Well, it's just that, you haven't scolded me yet." She hesitantly said, a pink hue rising on her cheeks.

I sighed, closing my eyes.

"You want me to slap you? You're an odd girl." I said, finding it somewhat strange that she felt it right that I reprimand her.

"Lord Kaname, you're very kind. The actions that you took saved Hanabusa from Ichio, didn't you?" She said, not looking me in the eye.

"It just happened to turn out that way." I said, staring up at the moon.

I heard footsteps and then crinkle of paper, she leant down to retrieve some fallen papers I had earlier.

"It seems you haven't been your usual self lately." She handed me the papers, "Thank you ." I muttered, taking the papers and putting them down next to me.

The next thing I knew, Ruka put one hand next to my face and knelt over me, peering at me.

"Lord Kaname, if my blood can be of some sustains for you, even a little bit," Ruka pierced her skin with her perfect nail, blood escaped from the scratch and dripped onto my right cheek.

She looked at me with sad-filled eyes, practically begging me to drink her blood, anything to show that there could be a chance that she could be with me. I stared up at her, my dead eyes showing nothing as I gazed into her warm, brown eyes.

"Ruka, you've given me enough. Listen, there's nothing to worry about." I wiped the drop of blood from my cheek, smearing it even more as her face dropped sadly.

She got up from her position and bowed her head meekly.

"All right." She said softly, fleeing the room.

I swallowed and got up from my position, running my hands through my hair. I will never love Ruka, end of.

I suppose I should be sad that I let Zero have Yuki, I had a conversation with him last night, allowing him to live so she could be happy. I'm not selfish, I can tell that she has some sort of feelings for him too. She just won't realise it. I've waited for Yuki for around 10 years, but now that I have discovered my blood bond with Y/N, I cannot deny that all the feelings I once had for Yuki and slowly fading away. It may cause problems in the future, but the blood bond is powerful and will continue to grow the more we continue it. I just hope Y/N won't refuse me and go to Akatsuki...

I looked at her sleeping figure and walked over to her, pulling over the covers on my side of the bed. I gently slid in and pulled them over me, looking at Y/N.

I got a little closer to her, feeling the heat emit from her skin, I'm glad she's close to me. I breathed in deeply and closed my eyes. What I didn't expect was Y/N to move even closer to me, gently putting her head on my chest and laying one hand on it, smiling slightly. I felt my stomach drop. My mouth went dry as her body was closer to mine.

All I thought was:

What am I to you?

And do you feel the way I feel?