• 8 •

Opening my eyes, they flinched as a bright light shone upon them, blinding me. Raising a hand over my face, I felt the soft feeling of bedding beneath me. Stretching my arms in the air, I opened my eyes to see a dark colored bedroom, decorated with deep red curtains and a little sofa by the window, also red.

I looked around me and saw a sleeping figure next to me, their body right next to mine but not touching it. I looked at their face to see a sleeping Kaname, his eyes closed in rest and content.

My heart did a double-take and I started breathing heavily.

What the fuck was going on?!

"You're finally awake, Y/N." A voice said beside me. I turned to look at him, his brown-reddish eyes looking through his brown locks of hair. Even in the morning, he looked flawless.

"What am I doing here." I asked, slowly edging away from him.

"I'll tell you everything, just please calm down." Kaname sat up, the red cover falling from his torso.

"Calm down. You want me to calm down!?" I leapt from the bed, making my way to the door. "You're a mon-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence."

A slight breeze blew past me as Kaname ended up between me and the door.

I stuttered under my breath, my eyes widened and I trembled.

Kaname gazed at me so intensely as he took me gently by the wrist and guided me back to the bed, making me slip back under the cover.

"Please, don't look at me that way." Kaname said sadly, his head looking downwards.

"What way?" I asked, gulping.

"Acting as though I'll hurt you, I would never do that." He said, taking a hold of my hand. I quickly snatched it away in fear, but my heart sank at the sight of his face dropping.

"I-I'm sorry. I should let you explain first." I said, slowly inching my hand towards his. Kaname was silent until he felt my fingers wrap around his, the spark electrifying him. My fingers interlock with his and I give him an encouraging smile.

About 15 minutes later

"So... you're a vampire..." I said, not really believing it.

"You sound like you don't believe me?" Kaname said, looking at me through his hair.

"I do! It's just... not an everyday thing." I muttered underneath my breath, not looking him in the eye.

"All along you've been trying to co-exist with humans?" I asked, looking at him.

He nodded "Yes, I can control my bloodlust but most of the others find it a struggle sometimes."

"And you're practically above all other vampires." I added, sounding kind of impressed.

"Correct." Kaname said, nodding.

I took all this information in. Surprisingly, I wasn't shocked, not scared anymore. I felt more connected to Kaname, weirdly.

"But, I think there's something else that you should know." Kaname said, his eyes showing some kind of emotion, I just couldn't guess what.

"What? What is it?" I said, sitting up straighter and waited for the answer.

"You-" But Kaname was interrupted by the sound of a girl's cry.

"Yuki." He whispered under his breath and he was off like a shot, the bedroom door was left swinging.

I quickly jumped from the bed and hurried along the corridor to the staircase where Hanabusa was on his knees as Kaname stood over him.

"I'm sorry, forgive me, Lord Kaname." He said in fear, bowing his head.

"Leave." Kaname said, turning to Yuki.

Hanabusa quickly rushed upstairs, pushing past me.

"That was entirely uncalled for, I'm sorry, Yuki." Kaname said, looking down at her.

Yuki just stared up at him in awe, like a little child.

"O-Oh no! It's alright, really!" Yuki stuttered, a seeable blush forming on her cheeks.

Kaname stepped back and looked up at me, his eyes shining. Yuki followed his line of sight and saw me, her face was not happy.

"Y/N! What are you doing here." Yuki forced a happy tone as I came down the stairs. I smiled in delight, seeing how unsettled she was.

"Oh, I just came from Kaname's room. He let me stay the night after yesterday." I stopped at the third to last step, able to put my arm round Kaname's shoulders.

He felt a shiver run down his back, his face no doubt showing that he was enjoying the affection I was giving him.

"You... You stayed the night. What happened!" She asked, fiddling with her cuff on her blazer.

"I know all about the Night Class now, how he saved you all those years ago." I pinched Kaname affectionately on the cheek "I never knew you were the hero type."

Kaname blushed slightly and Yuki frowned at this.

"Shouldn't we get going then, Y/N." Yuki said, making eyes at me that said 'We need to talk. Now.'

Now I'm in deep shit.

But could I actually care.

Nope, not at all.

"Well, Kaname was about to tell me something important so I think I'll stay." I released my arm over his shoulders and walked up the stairs, waiting for Kaname to follow.

Yuki just stuttered, shocked at the whole thing.

"I think it's best that you leave, Yuki. I wouldn't want you getting hurt." Kaname said, taking her to the door and opening it.

"Y-Yes, Kaname." She blushed, walking out the door. Kaname closed it immediately and suddenly turned up right in front of me.

"Got to get use to that." I whispered under my breathe. I smirked up at him.

"Why did you do that?" Kaname said, his face so close to mine.

"Yuki annoys me sometimes, I can't help it." I laughed, walking up the stairs. I quietly made my way down the corridor back to his room, shutting the door and turning to look at the room. Instead, I found Kaname in front of me.

"Holy shit!" I jumped back and my back hit the door.

"Ow." I said, smiling at seeing Kaname fussing over me.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean to scare you." He said, his eyes holding regret in them.

"I'm fine, anyway, what was it that you wanted to tell me". I said, smoothing out my hair.

"You may want to sit down for this". Kaname said, guiding me to the plush seat by the window.

I frowned and sat down, waiting for his news.

As Kaname spoke, my heart stopped. It's like I couldn't hear him at all.

I sat in silence with a blank face.

"I'm a what?"