• 11 •

The time passed slow. I thought that night would never replace the day. I was sat in my room in Kaien's house, it was closer to where me and Kaname were going to wait.

Thinking about how I could slip past Kaien, Yuki and Zero, I suddenly thought that I wanted something to eat.

I mean, it might be my last meal as a human, might aswell.

I got up from the neat bed and went to go get a snack, passing Kaien who gave me a cheery hello. Going to the fridge, I felt the coolness escape and cascade on my skin. Peering in it, I  saw a (food of your choice) and my eyes widened.

'Yesss!' I thought in my head, I grabbed it and hurried back to my room, relishing the snack quickly.

Soon, the time had come for me to sneak out past the wide-awake Kaien who was sitting on the sofa and looking at a weird device thing in his hand.

I crept past on my tiptoes, trying not to step on that one creaky floorboard that always let me down. It was like mission impossible. Breathing out quietly, I successfully walked past Kaien without mishap, now it was time to get through the door without making a sound...

Pulling down the latch, I looked back to still see Kaien with his head bent down, so I went for it and pulled the latch down fully, feeling the slight breeze against my covered up body.

I opened the door and quickly stepped out shutting it behind me, rushing towards the direction of the fountain. I pulled my coat closer to me and walked the way through the moon-lit, silent academy, the trees slowly dancing along to non-existent music as I walked past them.

The moon guided me, it's light shining brightly on the path in front of me. It was like a good omen, a sign that I was on the right path and chose right, knowing that I could never go back.

Taking a deep breath, I saw the fountain in the distance with a tall figure pacing around it, it was Kaname, and he appeared to be... nervous?

Smiling slightly, I hurried up and soon care face-to-face with him.

"Hello." I said, rocking back on my heels.

"Hello, Y/N." Kaname said, his eyes shining beautifully in the moonlight.

I bit my tongue, not knowing what to say "So... Now what?" I said a bit awkwardly.

"I just want to know if you made the right choice, knowing what you will turn into." He said, unsure.

"Kaname... Was I not a vampire before? A pureblood one, at that?" I said "I'll be fine." I said, stepping closer to him.

"All you have to do is turn me, I won't hate you..." I whispered softly, offering my neck to him. He gulped and licked his lips.

"I'm afraid that if I start, I may not be able to stop." Kaname said, running over my neck with his finger gently.

"Do it." I whispered again, pulling him closer and placing one of his hands on my waist.

He gave me a look, wanting full confirmation, all I did was nod and close my eyes, knowing that I was ready for this.

My true identity could be released and I could be the true me again.

Kaname neared his face to my neck, his fangs gleaming as they grazed my flesh. I let out a shaky breath and felt the sharp fangs pierce the soft flesh.

I let out a hiss of pain as they went deeper, the blood trickling down my neck and staining my t-shirt.

Slowly, I could feel a strange feeling overcome me, it was quite weak at first but the more blood he took from me, the more delightful that feeling got.

It came to the point where my knees buckled as if I was plunged in a deep pool of ecstasy. Kaname wrapped his arm around my waist and held me up, biting into my neck deeper. I felt myself falling slowly into a deep sleep, my eyes getting heavier and heavier.

Suddenly, Kaname stopped sucking my blood and laid me gently on the floor, my neck openly bleeding.

He swiftly bit his wrist and held it up to his mouth, but he stopped himself.

He brought his wrist to my mouth and let the blood flow into my mouth, small whimpers coming from me.

Eventually, everything was silent.

Even the birds that sung were dead silent in their nesting trees.

I shuffled around a bit, on the verge of waking up from my sleep. Kaname had placed me on his lap and was waiting for me to wake up, stroking my hair softly.

Without warning, I sat up, feeling strange. My throat felt dry as anything and my head pounded.

"I.... I remember. I remember everything!" I croaked out, trying to soothe my throat by rubbing it.

"Wait..." I began to say, looking at Kaname with a new recognition.

"I... We.... Oh my gosh..." I said, staring at him.