• 44 •

We had been driving for hours, at the sun had finally set, Kaname drove through the forest until we found a decent spot. If someone was following us, then we'd deal with them without any humans around, it was less of a risk.

Takuma took out our tents from the car, since he'd taken all of our stuff from the other car and put it into the other one. I sat on the bonnet of the car, looking up at the stars, whilst Hanabusa and Akatsuki were arguing about fire.

"We'll attract attention!" Akatsuki hissed, but Hanabusa wouldn't quit it.

"If we hear anyone, I'll just use my ice to put it out, come on." He begged, on his knees and grasping at Akatsuki. I watched the ordeal in amusement, until Ruka sat next to me.

"They're both idiots." She said with a smile, looking at them.

"We're surrounded by them." I added, we both laughed.

"I hope you do make another bloodbond with Lord Kaname." Ruka admitted, both of us looking at the Pureblood vampire who was trying to set up a tent, which was quite far away from the rest of the camp.

"Why? I thought you loved him?" I asked in confusion, but my heart clenched at the thought.

"I thought I did, but I guess it's because he's a Pureblood." She said.

"So like Akatsuki then?" I asked.

"No, I believe he's truly in love with you, not because of your power." She said, keeping her voice low.

I thought back to our kiss. That is a clear memory.

I do love Akatsuki, but not in the way he wants me to love him. It's not a romantic love, it's more of a platonic love, but I don't think he realises that. I remember the tension between Kaname and Akatsuki, he was always bent on being with me the way Kaname was with me.

But I'll never feel like that. Not ever.

I look at Kaname, and my stomach explodes into butterflies.

I know that I was in love with him, even without the bloodbond, I feel connected to him somehow. Like we're supposed to be together.

"Y/N?" Ruka's voice broke through my thoughts, I looked at her. "Kaname wants to speak with you."

I looked up to see his beautiful face staring down at me, and I instantly smiled. Hopping off the car, I smiled at Ruka before following the Pureblood vampire, he entered the tent he had just set up. I crawled in and then sat myself opposite him, he just stared.

"Would you like to make a bloodbond now." He asked outright, and my eyes widened.

"Jeez, take me to dinner first." I smirked, Kaname shook his head with a soft smile.

"Y/N, I-... I need you to remember." He said, taking my hands and squeezing them, bowing his head.

"Then let's do it." I said gently, seeing how pained he was.

His head snapped up, "Are... Are you sure, I don't want you to feel pressured, you can say no if you-"

I giggled, and he stopped stammering.

"I want to remember my time with you, it's not fair that you've got your memories back. So yes, I really do want to make another bloodbond." I finished with a smile, and he returned with a smile.

I frowned, "I can't remember how we did it last time."

"It's alright, I do." He reassured, pressing a kiss to my fingers before digging into his bag for a knife.

He held the knife in his hands, "Should I be worried?" I asked with a laugh, Kaname chuckled before cutting his palm with the knife, the blood welled over his hand and dripped onto the tent floor. He then took my hand gently, and cut my hand, albeit softly.