• 18 •

As we looked at the door, I put my hands on the banister and awaited the person. Everyone was quite confused, they probably rarely got visitors. The oak door opened heavily and revealed Yuki and Zero standing there, Ichio and Takuma were discussing something in the hall, it looked quite tense.

Yuki smiled brightly and saluted "The headmaster said he would like to ask you to donate a lot to the academy this time around aswell!" She rambled on "Wait... you are actually Takuma's grandfather, aren't you?" She asked.

I covered my mouth and giggled, finding it amusing. Little did I know, Kaname smiled, looking straight forward and the scene.

Ichio nodded and gave her a small smile. Yuki beamed and saluted once more

"We're here to escort you!" She said rather cheerfully.

"Follow us, we'll take you to the Headmaster's office." Zero said, sounding bored.

"Very well." Ichio said, turning to leave. I gave out a small breath of relief, glad I was seeing the back of him.

"Ichio." I heard Kaname say beside me, the man looked up to see both Kaname and I, his eyes burning into ours.

"Huh, Kaname! What are yo-" Yuki murmured, but Zero yanked her arm gently back to stop her talking. His purple eyes found mine as they gave a hint of kindness towards me. I nodded and smiled at him, returning my attention to Kaname.

"It was nice seeing you, I look forward to seeing you again in the future." I looked at him as he said that, I couldn't help but realise how good he actually looked.

His hair was in perfect trails down his face, his eyes looked tired but full of life as they stared down at him. His skin was pale and fair, making the beautiful reddish-brown of his eyes stand out. The-

What the fuck am I saying? I shook my head quickly and focused my gaze on Ichio, people noticed I was staring at Kaname. Shit. This blood bond was getting too strong and I can't control it. Soon, we'll have to go to the next stage of completing it, if we both choose to follow this bond...

Maybe...

"As do I. Goodbye, Lord Kaname, Lady Ouri. It is wonderful to see you back, my lady." He said, giving a tiny hint of a smile. I nodded kindly and smiled, thanking him silently. The tension was thick and I was drowning in it. 

The man turned around and walked out the door, as did Zero. Although, he gave Kaname a weird look...

Only Yuki was left, standing there in the middle of the door-frame. We all stared at her and I could tell she was nervous.

Kaname stared down at her and uttered one word softly.

"Yuki."

"Oh- umm. Y-Yes?!" She said shyly, an obvious blush forming on her face.

"Good work." He said, and he moved next to me, grabbing my hand gently and pulling me along with him. I looked back at Yuki and smiled, waving goodbye to her.

"Kaname." He stopped "Thank you about that thing two days ago." She muttered, looking down shyly, wringing her hands.

His face tilted in an act of confusion, his grip tightened on my hand as he stared down at the short girl.

"Um, excuse me! Bye, Y/N." She yelled behind her, running away to catch up with the two men.

I raised my eyebrows and pulled away my hand from him, he looked at me.

"So Kaname. What happened two days ago?" I asked with a smile, hinting my displeasure.

"I-Nothing, I have no idea what she is talking about. All I did was say to Zero that I would allow him to live so he could guard Yuki." He said lowly, frowning as he wanted me to believe him.

"Anything else?" I teased, noticing the desperation in his face, horrified. I chuckled, pinching his cheeks softly. "I'm joking." I said in a sing-songy voice.

Kaname's tensed form relaxed, breathing out slowly.

"But, if anything else happens and you won't tell me, don't expect me to speak to you for about two days." I smiled at him and walked past him, bumping him shoulder playfully. He looked back at me and chuckled, going back to his room.

I shook my head affectionately and walked into a corridor near the stairs, the air warm and vibrant. I then noticed an orange-haired man lean against the doorway, hidden from view.

"Oh, hey Akatsuki! What're you doing there?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Oh, nothing!" He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Alright, I'll see you later." I said, waving and going to find Hanabusa and ask him to take part in a random competition that we usually do.

Akatsuki's POV

My heart ached.

They were getting closer, the bond is getting too strong and I can't control it. Soon, there will be nothing that I can do about it.

Y/N won't be mine.

I saw the way she acted and touched Kaname, already acting like a couple.

My blood boiled.

Why can't she like me? Why does Kaname always have to ruin something?

I looked down and fiddled with my hands.

I can't just give up, I just have to try harder.

She'll soon see that I'm the one for her, that I'm better than Kaname.

But how can I do that?