• 37 •

Akatsuki just listened whilst I talked, nodding and saying something before letting me continue. It felt nice to be listened to.

He was a good friend.

When the sun began to set, we both stood up but didn't make to go anywhere.

He looked down at me, looking hesitant.

"What is it?" I asked, watching as he fiddled with the button on his jacket.

"Did you tell Kaname about the kiss?" He questioned, his tone quiet but not gentle.

I licked my lips, remembering the feel of his lips on mine.

"No, it was a mistake and there's no need to create drama over something so minuscule. He'd kill you if he found out." I whispered, folding my arms.

His eyes looked hurt, perhaps disappointed.

"That's... that's good of you, and it was a mistake. You're right." He stammered, quickly walking away from me and back towards the campsite.

Sighing, I followed him from a distance and after a few minutes the tents came into view. Kaname was sitting on a log, his eyes narrowing when he saw me returning from the same direction as Akatsuki.

Ignoring him, I walked straight into the tent and gathered up my things, chucking them into the pack and shouldered it on. I left the tent and made my way to the car, feeling his eyes on me.

I felt bad, we shouldn't have left things the way we did. I just needed space... from him.

"We'll have to leave soon if we want to get there by dawn," I said "is Hanabusa up yet?"

"Not yet." Takuma answered, taking apart his tent.

I groaned and marched towards his tent, hearing the heavy snoring.

Pulling away the cover, I peered in to see him still slumbering. Smiling devilishly, I zapped him with a tiny bit of my electricity.

It was worth it.

He instantly shot up, crying out and rubbing his arm. His eyes found mine, hearing the laughter erupting from my lips. Hanabusa glared at me and looked like he wanted to kill me.

I just smirked at him and said "Get up."

Turning around, I left his tent and was walking towards my own before I felt someone behind me. I turned my head to the side to see Kaname.

"What do you want?" I asked sharply, turning on my heel to face him.

"Can't we just talk about it?" He said, his hands tightened into fists, the knuckles going white from the strain.

"We talked about it." I answered, "And you wouldn't listen, so I'm sorry if I don't feel like talking to you right now."

I made to turn away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, my eyes narrowing as I tried to get out of his grip.

He quickly let me go, but I stayed where I was, I couldn't find it in my heart to leave him.

"I get it, Kaname. I understand that you don't like him but I do, as a friend. Get that into your head." I hissed quietly, sick of explaining it to him over and over.

"I will! I promise, just please talk to me again. I can't bear it if you hate me." Kaname sank onto his knees and grabbed my hands, kissing them gently and whispering apologies.

It felt weird to see a Pureblood vampire begging for something, but it made me feel special to have him beg to me.

I tilted his chin to look up at me and pecked his lips once.

"I don't hate you." I said, "But I won't let you off this easily." I smirked, watching as his eyes lit up like a puppy.

"We've wasted enough time already, we need to leave now." I said, pulling away from him gently to alert the others.

30 MINUTES LATER

"Hanabusa, if you do not stop shrieking like a strangled cat, I'll throw you out this damn car!" I yelled, glaring at the vampire.

Hanabusa immediately clamped his mouth shut, smiling nervously at me.

The car sat in silence again, thank god. I turned around in my seat to watch the road again, feeling Kaname gently rubbing my thigh with one hand, the other on the wheel.

Tingles shot through my body, his touch still affected me but I didn't react.

Well... I tried not to.

Inhaling deeply, I squirmed in my seat and saw Kaname smirk.

Two could play at that game.

Looking in the rear-view mirror, I saw that everyone in the car was occupied with something. Ruka had a book in her hands, Takuma and Hanabusa were having a staring contest and Akatsuki was staring out of the window.

Looking back at Kaname, I shifted as close to him as I could from my seat. His eyes were on me, confused. But I turned his head sharply back to the road with my hand, I'd rather not crash the car.

Kaname tried to look at me again but I raised my eyebrows, making him roll his eyes and continued staring at the road.

I placed my hand on his thigh, he tensed, his hands gripping the steering wheel tightly. Smirking, I put all my concentration on my power.

After all, I didn't want to hurt him, I wanted him to feel pleasure.

Gentle sparks shot from my fingertips, as I traced my fingers up and down his thigh. His breath hitched, his eyes switching between the road and my fingers.

My hand was about to travel to a complete different area, but he grabbed my wrist and wrenched my hand away from him. Gentle but firm.

He looked at me beneath furrowed brows, his eyes darkened ever so slightly.

I smiled at him and turned back to the window, pleased I got my revenge.

My eyes went to the rear-view mirror, finding Akatsuki staring at me with dead eyes.

He wants me to tell Kaname about the kiss, but there's no need to, it was just a kiss. Plus, Kaname feels insecure anyway, why make the situation worse?