• 27 •

Once back in the dorm, Takuma bowed before us and left us alone, knowing that it was best to leave.

"Can we go for a walk in the gardens?" Kaname asked, slowly bringing my palm to his cheek and kissing my palm gently. Looking up at him, I nodded happily and caressed his cheek. He then guided me to the back of the house where the door to the gardens was, he opened it quickly and brought me outside, the cool fresh air hitting my face softly. Kaname then laced his fingers with mine and walked beside me.

"What would you like to talk about?" I asked, looking ahead at the beautiful flowers that have just bloomed.

"There are too many things I'd like to talk to you about." He said quietly, squeezing my hand slightly.

"I have time." I said, smiling up at him. Kaname laughed softly and looked down.

"It's about your father..." He began, my face fell and my mouth uttered no words.

"I... I see. What about him?" I said, trying to pull off the 'I'm calm but I'm actually dying on the inside' persona.

"I believe he's gained the knowledge of your return as a vampire, my sources who are around the area have heard people talking... it was only a matter of time before he found out." He said.

"Do you think he'll do anything?" I asked, giving up and letting the nervous slip out.

"If he stopped us being together back then by making you forget all about me, and you being a vampire, then he'll most likely want to separate us for as long as we live." Kaname growled slightly and pulled me closer to him, probably not being able to bear the thought of that happening.

"I... We can fight back! We're older now and more mature, surely we can reason with him or make him believe that-"

"I'm sorry, my love, but your father is a hard man and gathering from what I've heard of him, he's a stubborn man who always gets what he wants." Kaname said, the pained look obvious on his face.

"Well, don't give up hope. I certainly won't and neither will you, we'll face him together and if he doesn't like it, then... then he'll just have to live with it." I said, linking our arms together and making him smile. Kaname stopped walking and turned towards me, moving me to face him.

"You always know how to keep hope from being lost." He said, pressing his forehead against mine and closing his eyes. Sighing, he put his arms around my waist and hugged me, burying his head in the crook of my neck.

"Anyway, let's stop worrying about him, let's focus on something more interesting... like us!" I said coyly, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you." He said, it was muffled but still clear.

Smiling, I hugged him tighter and whispered it back. Kaname then pulled back and looked at me, though his hands were still on my waist.

"I also wanted to ask you something." He said, his eyes full of adoration.

"And that is?"

"I didn't ask you formally and when that Day Class student asked you to go to the ball with him, I guess I kind of let the jealousy take over me and assume we were going to the ball together. But I want to do it like a gentleman and treat you like the lady you are. So..." Kaname took a deep breath "Y/N, will you do me the honour of going to the ball with me?"

I decided to make him wait for my answer with anticipation, even though we both knew I was going to accept, I wanted to mess around with him a bit.

"Hmm... well, that Day Class student is really nice and he did ask me first, perhaps I'll go back and accept him." I said, pulling a thinking face.

His grip on my waist tightened and I heard a snarl from his mouth.

"But, I love you and I'm the luckiest girl in the world, so yes, I will go to the ball with you." I said with a smile, laughing as he sighed in relief. Pressing a small kiss to my lips, he grabbed my hand again and we continued our walk around the gardens. We walked in silence, just enjoying each others company, when I decided to tease him just a little bit more.

"You were so totally scared then, weren't you?" I said, giving him a grin.

Kaname scoffed and looked away, "Nope, I knew you were going to say yes, who can refuse this." He said confidently, giving me a look.

"Well, if you're gonna be like that then I might just go back to the Day Class-"

"No, no, no! I was joking, my love." Kaname panicked, pulling me close to him as if I were about to take off running.

"I know, I just wanted to see your adorable face panic." I whispered, pecking him on the lips and continuing our walk.

Kaname smirked and whispered under his breath

"She's so irresistible."