• 5 •

"Here's my own tuna carpaccio with marinated tomatoes and parsley! I've also made my beef filet with whole vegetables and cream sauce! These recipes are my own creation." The HeadMaster said excitedly, dancing around he kitchen.

"You're telling me he called us here, early in the morning, at the crack of dawn, for this?" Zero said, staring at the food before him.

I cracked a laugh and tucked into the food, I always loved it when the HeadMaster made food for all of us.

"Oh be thankful, at least we're having something edible." I said, picking up my fork.

"That's true." Yuki added, eating what seemed to be a carrot.

"But at dawn?" Zero questioned, looking at me. Giving him a smile, I focused on the book at the side of me, aiming to finish it by today.

"Zero, don't be late for patrol tonight, you're always-"

"Say cheese!" Your 'Father' yelled, holding an Insta camera. It flashed, blinding us all. Waiting for the photo to fully develop, I thought about the chocolates that I'd given to Kaname yesterday.

Surely he was happy, he didn't sound bitter about receiving a gift from me. However, I felt bad because Yuki was the one whom the gift was from.

Ah well, should've given it to him herself.

"It's developed!" The HeadMaster shouted happily, flapping the photo around.

Turning it over, I saw the happy face of Yuki eating the food, Zero holding the food in front of his face so he couldn't be seen and me, looking as confused as ever but still looking pretty damn cute somehow, even though it was dawn.

My eyes shined in the flash, making them appear wider and brighter, my skin looked flawless and my lips were curved into a smile.

"Y/N, you look great!" Yuki called out, smiling at me.

"Er, have you seen yourself." I said back, digging her in the ribs.

"What has gotten into you today?" Asked Zero, clearly not happy about anything.

"A commemorative photo." He said quickly as he made his way to the kitchen, chopping vegetables.

"Do you ever stop cooking?" I asked, leaning on the counter, giggling.

"Hmm, not really." The older man laughed and so did I, Yuki and Zero just sat at the table.

"By the way, Y/N! Do you want to come with me to the girl dorms and confiscate the things, we're having a dorm check." Yuki asked, taking an apple and biting into it.

"Well, I have nothing else planned, I've finished all my homework. So, sure, why not." I agreed, walking out the room to get dressed.

I walked along the green walled corridors, feeling a slight haunting feeling simmer around me as I walked to my room. After about 30 seconds of non-stop walking, I finally arrived in the safe square of my room.

Opening the door, I closed it just as quickly as I entered. Walking over to my chest of drawers, I got out (choose an outfit), brushing my hair into a (choose a style).

"Ready?" Yuki called from the other side of the room.

I had finished spraying on the last bit of hairspray, trying to contain the baby hairs on my hairline, they have a mind of their own.

"Yeah, I'm coming out now." I opened the door to reveal Yuki, still in her uniform.

"Yuki, why are you still wearing that?" I questioned, leaning against the door frame.

"It's a rule of the Disciplinary Committee to wear uniform around the academy and dorms at all times. By the way, that outfit is cute as hell." Yuki complimented it, the only reason she didn't swear was because she never has, she's too innocent.

"Thanks, you'd look better if you had normal clothes on." I said with a laugh, poking her shoulder.

"Hey!" Yuki laughed.

In the dorms

"This is confiscated!" Yuki called out, pushing along a small basket filled with items. A brown-haired girl was running after her.

"But why? They're just photos!" She complained, holding Yuki's shoulder.

"I bet they're taken without permission, right?" I added, raising your eyebrows at her.

"You don't understand! You're mean!" She burst into tears and ran out of the room, likely telling her friends about Yuki.

"She's right, Cross! It's you who doesn't understand." The school rep appeared out of nowhere behind a pillar, pushing his glasses up right.

"You're abusing your position as the Disciplinary Committee member, walking around these halls with your nose in the air, acting all cozy with the Night Class!" He yelled, getting closer.

Yuki cowered away, not knowing what to do.

"Getting a little bit close there, aren't you?" I asked, walking in front of Yuki to stand incredibly close to his face, looking up at him with no fear.

"You-I." It's never been a secret that the school rep had a crush on me.

"What are you trying to say, I can't hear you?" I smiled smugly at him, knowing he won't do anything.

"By the way, confiscated." I leaned over to see behind his back, he had a blue book of some kind, I wasn't sure what it was filled off.

The school rep had a blank face, gulping. I smiled at him and he turned away, almost hyperventilating that I noticed him.

"Have a nice day." Yuki said softly, gently pulling the cart away.

"Why are you so mean, Yuki!" The school rep screeched, pulling his hair in his hands.

I shrugged and turned on my heel, following Yuki.

Throughout the day, Yuki and I got so many insults I was surprised we weren't in the corner crying our eyes out. But, I knew that they were empty insults, not really affecting me. I couldn't say the same for Yuki, she looked a little down.

"Hey, it's alright, they're just weirdos for having their photos of the Night Class being taken away so they can't drool over them." I tried to make her smile, it worked.

"That's true." Yuki chuckled and pulled the bag out of the basket, it being heavy from all the photos of Kaname, Hanabusa, Akatsuki and many others of the Night Class.

My mind went back to Kaname.

I wonder what he's doing right now.

No!

He shouldn't be in my mind, nothing will come from it. I quickly shook my head and turned to Yuki.

"What now?" I asked.

"We're off to the Night Class to check if they're following regulations." She said, trying to hawl the bag.

I glanced at her, dying on the inside, "Okay." I said with a nod.

Great, just when I thought 'you mustn't think of Kaname', I'm now going to see him.