• 41 •

"Again!" My father barked out from his throne, lazily flicking his fingers to repair the pillar I had destroyed.

I flicked the hair out of my eyes and focused on the pillar again, holding out my hands. My father wanted me to continue strengthening my powers, so here I was, with my friends from the Cross Academy as my audience. Kaname was leaning against the wall, his eyes staring into my father with hatred.

It had been a few days since our interaction, I had a few more memories of our forgotten past together, most at the Cross Academy. We were involved romantically, which is most likely the empty void I constantly feel. But I do not feel that anymore.

My eyes wandered to Akatsuki, who was watching me, but his eyes occasionally glanced at my father.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp sting on my cheek and I crashed to my knees.

"What did I just say." My father hissed out, gripping my hair and tugging my face upward. I didn't make a sound, knowing he wanted a reaction. He was always like this when I was younger, always wanting me to be the best.

"I'm sorry, Father." I said meekly, knowing he wouldn't give up if I didn't obey him. He smiled triumphantly and roughly let me go, strolling back to his throne. A hiss was heard throughout the room, and we all looked at Kaname, who was scowling at my father.

"Anything you would like to say, Kuran?" My father bit out, staring at the Pureblood vampire. Kaname just turned his head and glared at the ground. The older vampire smirked and turned back to me, waving his hand.

I turned to the pillar and concentrated my power once again, the electricity growing and buzzing in my hands.

*

"You can all go. Except Kuran." My father said lazily, the doors opened and we all walked out, no one said anything, leaving Kaname behind. The doors closed heavily behind us, the echoes sounding throughout the hall. I smiled at all my friends, they all returned my smile uneasily.

"I'm going to get dressed, I'll be down soon." I said, they all nodded, and I sped away, but then stopped as they struck up a conversation.

"We have to do something soon." Takuma whispered, and the rest sounded their agreements.

"When we get her away from Ouri, we can reverse whatever he did to her and Kaname." Hanabusa added, the doors then opened and closed, the group quietened down.

"Come with me to the sitting room." Kaname said calmly, the group all walked to the room, thankfully it was in hearing distance.

They all settled down and there was silence for a little bit, until Kaname spoke.

"I remember everything." He began, the rest gasped quietly.

"How?"

"Is that even possible?"

"Do you think Y/N can remember?"

Remember what? I cannot unveil the whole picture, I only have small memories.

"I'm not sure, but if we get out of here, away from her father, we can get her memory back." Kaname answered.

"And how will you do that?" Akatsuki asked, his voice low.

"By making a new bloodbond." Kaname explained.

"What if she doesn't want to. Has it ever concerned you that perhaps Y/N is happier like this." Akatsuki said, Kaname snarled.

"Your only concern is having her for yourself. She is not a toy that you can throw around, I'll give her a choice. I will not force her into entering into another bloodbond with me." Kaname spoke quietly, and my cold heart quickened.

Akatsuki stood up and stormed out of the room, walking towards where I was.

Shit.

I sped into my room and hurriedly got changed into new clothes, then I opened the door to find Akatsuki walking down the hallway. He lightened up when he saw me, and I smiled.

'Hey, where are the others?" I asked, trying to calm myself from all that I had learnt.

"They're downstairs in the sitting room, I'm sure Hanabusa would like to try beat you in a game of cards yet again." He joked, and I gasped.

"That's rude!" I laughed, walking down the corridor and making my way downstairs, hearing their voices quieten when I reached the room.

"Hanabusa, I challenge thee to a game of cards!" I said, he grinned.

"Challenge accepted, don't be too sad when you lose." He teased, getting out the pack of cards and shuffling them.

I scoffed and sat on the sofa next to Kaname, giving him a small smile, he genuinely returned it, and I felt my insides melt. Ever since that day in my father's throne room, when we had broken the bloodbond, I had felt myself wanting to get closer to Kaname.

Perhaps I should make another bloodbond with him.

Maybe I really was happier when I was with him.