• 34 •

Over the course of 3 days, I was constantly worrying and stressing over the prominent and very-near meeting I'll have with my father. Kaname tries to talk me out of the worry, thinking that if anything were to go wrong, we'd leave immediately.

I can't help thinking that it will go wrong, and we won't be able to leave.

Before my father forced me into a human form and taking away Kaname's memory of me, I used to be close to him. He'd fill his days with teaching me how to control and utilise my power, lessons in etiquette and how to run the estate.

I love him dearly, I looked up to him and did whatever I could to impress and please him. That was until my mother died; she was killed by a pack of Level-E vampires, they had outnumbered her and were incredibly strong from what I heard. She had little to no chance of surviving.

My father was never the same. Days that used to be bright and full of routine were turned into days of mourning and uncertainty. He hurled himself into his duties and seemed to have forgotten he had a daughter.

I couldn't understand why he could never look at me for long.

But I do now, I resemble my mother in so many ways. I can remember her from my childhood. My father couldn't stand to look at me because he saw my mother.

And that pained him.

Looking into the mirror, I studied my reflection. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed my bag and hurriedly left the room. I've spend too much time reflecting on my past, I should look to the present.

Once I was by the stairs, I saw that the other vampires were already ready, clearly waiting for me. I smiled apologetically, moving my eyes to Kaname. A rush went through me, piercing my heart.

I walked down the stairs and traced my way to the small group, Kaname took my bag.

"And what makes you think I can't carry my own bag?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows at him in challenge.

"I'm a gentleman." He says, uncharacteristically winking at me, he then walked out of the room to go prepare the truck we were traveling in.

"As cute as this is, I woke up early for this." Hanabusa complains, causing us to laugh at him.

"You always have the choice to stay, if you want?" I offered, giving him a small smile.

"And miss all the drama, no thanks." He says loudly, shouldering his bag and walking out the doors.

My sweet mood suddenly soured, we all knew this visit wouldn't go well but hearing it come from his lips makes it become a reality.

Akatsuki gently squeezed my arm and smiled at me, "Hey, don't listen to him." He said.

"I just don't want any of you to get hurt, please promise me you won't endanger your life in any way because of me." I pleaded, shrugging off his hand and taking it in my own, his hand encased my own in warmth.

"I'm not making any promises." He replied, squeezing my hand and then dropped it. Kaname had walked back into the room, he would go crazy if he saw Akatsuki holding my hand.

"We're ready to go, you got everything you need?" He asked me, walking towards me. He then tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear, his eyes fixated on mine.

"Yep, let's go." I replied, taking his hand in mine and leading him outside, towards the truck.

Everyone else followed, they all shrugged on their bags and walked behind us.

The truck was big enough for all of us to fit, so we didn't need to worry about that. But the journey was long enough that we would have to make camp somewhere along the way.

I'm not going to enjoy this.