• 4 •

Everybody was buzzing for this special day, where girls give boys treats to declare their love. The girls from Day Class were practically screeching in class, not being able to contain their excitement. The boys were moody, because they knew they could never beat the boys from the Night Class.

Zero was also in a mood.

"They should just ban this event. It's unnecessary." He kept on saying throughout the classes, offending practically every girl there, except me.

"You're just jealous that all the Night Class boys get all the treats." I said, smirking at Zero. He just rolls his eyes and turns away from me. I kind of agreed with him though, what was the point of St. Xocolats Day? It only brought distraction to class and a migraine from all the screaming.

Sighing, I tried to get on with my work while the unsettled atmosphere continued throughout the day, people getting too impatient.

"Oh Y/N, HeadMaster said you could help with the girls giving the chocolate to the Night Class." Yuki whispered lowly to me, trying not to get the attention of the class rep.

"Oh, cool. I'll probably suck at it but I have nothing more interesting to do." I said and smiled, getting back to the work set by the teacher. Yuki gave me a small smile and returned to her paper.

At dusk

"Alright. Alright!" Yuki's voices travelled far and wide as she addressed the pushing crowds of the Day Class. "Now if you want to give your treats to the Night Class, you'll do it in a fashionable order otherwise you'll be banned from this event. You hear me!?" She said pacing in front of them.

Zero leaned against the wall, looking bored as anything. I just stood awkwardly next to him, not really knowing what to do.

The gates suddenly opened, showing the people that the Day Class have been waiting for all day.

The straight lines had girls and a few boys literally climbing over each other to give their chocolate to the person they liked most.

Hanabusa, Akatsuki and Ruka walked through, receiving many, many gifts, so much that they could barely carry them and their books. Yuki was doing the most work, pushing the crowd back while Zero and I just watched.

Kaname soon passed, making the noise of the crowd grow louder. My eyes couldn't help but follow him as he walked elegantly along the path, but he then stopped and turned around to face me.

"I hope you got back to your dorm without hazard last night." He states, nodding softly to me.

Totally gobsmacked, I didn't reply at first.

"Uh, um. Yeah! Yes, I did." I finally got out after stuttering like an idiot.

"That's good. I hope you have a nice evening, Y/N." He then turns around and continues to walk, much to the disappointment of the girls around him. He gratefully accepted gifts from them, his hands barely holding them properly.

"Y/N!" Yuki called me over. Soon I got over to her, struggling to hear her over the crowd.

"Could you please give Kaname this?" Yuki hands me a neatly wrapped boxed "Just say that it's a token of my appreciation, thanks." Yuki quickly turned her attention back to the crowd, trying to control them.

Sighing deeply, I quickly ran over to Kaname, damn he can walk fast.

"Kaname!" I called after him, he hurriedly turned back to see me looking at him. He walked back to me, towering over me.

"Yes. Y/N?" He said softly. I showed him the box and he took it gently, admiring it.

"They're from-"

"Dorm President Kuran, we have to get to class." Said a light-haired female. Kaname looked at them and turned back to me.

"Thank you, Y/N." He then turned around and continued walking to his class.

"They're not from..." I noticed that he was too far away to hear my voice "me..."

Kaname's POV

After receiving Y/N's gift, I felt a warm feeling in my heart.

"Seiren." I said, she looked at me.

"You can have these chocolates, but I'll keep this one." I said, handing her all the chocolates I had been given.

"Thank you, Lord Kaname." Seiren bowed her head and backed away.

I looked down at the pale blue wrapping of the gift, my heart quickening. That's strange.

I have a set path for my future, it's the traditional way. But I don't feel that way about Yuki anymore...

I'm more interested in Y/N, there's something about her that draws me in. And I know there's something striking about her, I just didn't know what yet.