• 35 •

1 HOUR LATER

We were well on our way to my father's estate; Kaname was driving, I was in the passengers seat and the rest of the group were all sat in the seats behind.

Kaname was driving one-handed, his other hand holding tightly onto my own. Other than that, so far the journey has been silent. No one said much, except from asking when we would be making camp.

At first, we were driving through the town but now we're surrounded by fields full of flowers and forests. We'll most likely be camping in the forests to avoid anyone, Kaname doesn't want to come across anyone if he can help it.

"How long will we be driving for?" I asked, looking at Kaname.

He glanced at me before looking back at the road, "We'll be on the road for another 2 hours before we stop for the night."

"Ah, ok." I said, looking out of the window to see the same view from 10 minutes ago.

There wasn't much to do and I got really bored until I felt heat on the side of my face. I jolted from my seat to see a tiny flame dancing in front of me. The flame came towards me, but it didn't give me any pain as it touched my skin.

I took the flame in my hands and gazed at it in wonder, my eyes glanced back to Akatsuki, he gave me a small smile as the flame danced in my hand.

Giggling quietly, I turned back to the small flame.

I heard a sigh from beside me, so I looked across at Kaname to see him holding the steering wheel tight, his knuckles were white. He was clenching his teeth so his jaw was taut.

"Are you alright?" I asked, forgetting all about the small flame and dropping it, it extinguished in the air.

"I'm fine." He said tightly, the tension hasn't released from him.

"Not you're not." I said, frowning. Why was he so annoyed? I wouldn't say giggling at a small flame showed that I liked Akatsuki that way.

What a possessive asshole.

Kaname sighed again but took my hand again, he placed a gentle kiss on it and held onto it tightly.

"I'm sorry, my love." He whispered, almost as if he only wanted me to hear it but that was impossible. We were all vampires with impeccable hearing.

"I understand, we'll talk about this later, ok?" I said, watching as Kaname quickly glanced at her, the tension from him being released.

"Ok." He repeated, not letting go of my hand, holding it tightly on the resting board between us, like he wanted to prove something to Akatsuki.

After that, it was silent.

2 HOURS LATER

Kaname parked the truck in a forested area, the trees were dense and it was perfect. The area was deserted, no one would find us here.

We all got out and stretched our legs, Hanabusa was complaining and Ruka was telling him to quit it.

"Hey! Being in a car for 3 hours is torture, I wish we ran all the way." Hanabusa said, stretching his arms.

"If we were running, we'd lose all our energy, it's best if we saved it." I replied, grabbing my bag from Kaname.

"It's better than being in that truck, with Ruka digging her elbow into you and Akatsuki putting his seat too far back. I HAD NO LEG ROOM!" He yelled, glaring between Ruka and Akatsuki.

"Now isn't the time for useless arguments, let's just get the tents pitched up and then we can talk." Takuma cut in, I love how sensible he is, always knowing when to take control of a situation.

"I'll get you for it, Akatsuki." Hanabusa threatened, he held out his hand and sharpened icicles fell from it, landing on the floor.

Akatsuki smirked and flame rose up from his hands, speeding towards the icicles on the floor. Instantly, they were melted.

I smiled at the thought of Hanabusa and Akatsuki in a duel, who who come out victorious.

I lifted up my own hand and felt a spark of electricity. I hadn't used my power in so long, ever since I lost control with Akatsuki. I regret that moment so much, I'd never meant to hurt him.

Perhaps I could learn a bit of control whilst we stay here. It was around midday, we'll most likely be setting off around midnight.

It'd be good to learn about my power before we meet my father, who knows how it could go.

I looked over at Kaname to see him pitching a tent with Hanabusa.

It wasn't exactly going too well.

"Just put it there!"

"Here?"

"No," then Kaname groaned "there!"

"Lord Kaname, I don't understand." Hanabusa explained.

"Do you guys need help?" I asked, walking over and laughing at their situation, the tent didn't even look like a tent.

"Yes, please." Kaname begged, his eyes pleading with me."

I snorted and took apart the tent, Hanabusa asked if he could do anything but I politely told him that it's best if he didn't help.

"Thank god, I didn't think the tent would going up with Hanabusa working with me" Kaname said, sitting beside me.

"Don't be mean!" I exclaimed, slapping him lightly on the arm. "He was just trying to help." I said.

"But now I've got you to save the day." He said quietly, kissing my temple.

"I'm only doing this because I want somewhere to sleep." I taunted, picking up the poles and started pitching the tent.

Kaname stood up and helped me, soon the tent was finished. I looked around to see that everyone else had finished pitching their tents.

Ruka and Rima were sharing one, Takuma and Hanabusa were sharing another tent. I tried to convince Akatsuki to pitch a tent for himself but he refused, saying that he would watch the camp.

"Come on, there's a small chance that anyone will find us." I said, watching as Akatsuki stared at me. His eyes trailed to my lips, his pupils dilated.

"I'm not risking it." He said quietly, but it seemed like he was saying 'i'm not risking you'.

"Akatsuki..." I whispered, Kaname was far away from us, sorting out some stuff in the truck. I'm not sure if he could hear us.

I shook my head at Akatsuki and then turned onto a new subject.

"Do you think you could teach me how to control my power?" I asked, seeing his eyes light up.

"You sure Kaname wouldn't mind?" He questioned, his eyes tracing to Kaname, who had noticed us talking. He tried to make it look like he wasn't listening but I knew he was.

"I'll talk to him, don't worry about it. I just see how much control you have over the flames, I want to learn." I explained.

Akatsuki smiled at me "Ok, let's start now."