• 45 •

After we had cleaned up after ourselves, we crawled out the tent and headed over to our friends, hands entwined. 

Ruka saw us and smirked, winking at me secretly. 

If I could blush, I'd be a fucking strawberry right now.

Akatsuki sat on a log but looked furious, he couldn't even look me in the eye. I shrugged and tugged Kaname to a log, both of us sat down. 

"So, is it good to be back?" Takuma asked, a genuine smile on his face.

"I'm glad, thank you guys for getting us out of there. I don't know what I would've done." I mumbled, looking at my hands. 

"You never have to see him again!" Hanabusa said adamantly, he was clearly hell-bent on protecting me, which was sweet. I smiled at him.

"So when are we setting off to Cross Academy?" I asked, looking at Kaname. 

He glanced at me, taking my hand, "We'll leave in a couple hours, just before sunrise." He answered, sub-consciously rubbing my knuckles. He couldn't keep his hands off of me, he had to be touching me in some way, like he was scared I would disappear if he didn't have ahold of me.

"So we're going back to Cross Academy, knowing that her father will probably follow us and endanger the lives of the humans." Akatsuki remarked, looking at me for the first time since we got here.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, we have the precautions-"

"What if he gets her again?" Akatsuki interrupted Kaname, who gave him a grave look.

"He won't." Kaname snarled, pulling me closer into his side. 

I'd noticed that he was acting more protective than the first bloodbond, he was more uncontrolled in his emotions. He'd already lost me twice, I don't think he could survive a third time. I knew how it felt, to have the one person you absolutely adore taken away from you, so close yet so far. 

I wouldn't let my father take control of me again, I'm sick of his games. 

"Don't be so hopeless, Akatsuki, have a little hope." I teased, but the red-head didn't even have a smile. 

I guess he hated me now. 

I guess 'I would fight for you' is gone now.

Eh, I'll survive, if he wants to be like that.

"My love, he's the most pessimistic out of all of us." Kaname joked, and we all laughed. 

"Have you seen Ruka?" Hanabusa taunted, the female chucked a twig at his face, hitting him directly between the eyes.

"Shut it, you dramatic ice queen." Ruka hissed, getting up from the log and making her way over to her tent.

"Point proven." Hanabusa said, his back turned away from Ruka.

A large rock then came shooting towards us, aimed straight for Hanabusa, who fell and cried out, rolling on the floor in pain.

The rest of us just watched somberly, "I'm surprised she didn't throw a whole tree." I said, watching Ruka go into the tent, looking triumphant. 

"Don't say that, she might get that idea in her head." Takuma laughed, Hanabusa dragged himself to sit next to him, but was looking sorry for himself.

"Serves you right." Akatsuki said, strolling off towards the tent that Ruka just went into.

Very interesting.

The rest of us kept up watch until the sun was about to rise, Akatsuki and Ruka stayed in the tent until it was time to start getting ready. We all got everything in the truck, thankfully without breaking anything, Hanabusa was only given the easiest things to put away. 

Once we were ready, we got in the car, driving through the forest and into a public area again, hopefully we weren't being followed by any creepy vampires. Kaname sped as much as he could, until we were finally back at Cross Academy.

It had felt like ages since we'd been back, Kaien Cross, the headmaster, was probably worried about us. We'd had no way of contacting, he had no idea what has happened. Kaname drove through the gates, the Day Class staring as we pulled up. Kaname got out the car, walked to my side and opened the door for me, I thanked him with a kiss on the cheek.

"The rest of you should go back to the dormitories, you've earnt some rest, thank you for your help." Kaname told them, and they nodded, walking through the crowd of Day Class students, some of them already fawning over them.

"We need to go to Kaien, tell him about the threat." I warned Kaname, who nodded, leading me to Kaien's office. Some people stopped and stared, but we didn't have time for that. Yuki was walking out a room as she saw us, practically doing a double-take.

"Y/N!" She cried, running up to me and tackling me in a hug. 

I awkwardly wrapped my arms around her and then pulled away.

"Where have you been?" She asked, looking at both me and Kaname. 

"Away, we need to talk to Kaien, I'll see you later." I murmured, dragging Kaname with me. Yuki was about to start a conversation with him. My vampire mate smirked.

"So you still get jealous." He remarked, and I dropped his hand, much to his annoyance.

"You get more jealous than me." I said.

"Do not.

"We are not about to start this." I said, walking to Kaien's door and not even knocking. He hurriedly stood up and shoved his glasses back from his nose, but then his face split into one of happiness when he saw me.

"Y/N! Oh, I'm so happy you're back, I've missed you so much!" He cried, locking me into a tight hug and spinning me around. I caught sight of Kaname's face and laughed. Kaname then reached over and pulled me from his grip gently, his teeth gritted.

Kaien didn't seem to notice, he was too busy trying not to cry.

"Kaien, we're here to talk about something that affects Cross Academy." I said, and he instantly sombered up.

I see this man as more of a father than my real one, that really shows how shit my family is. 

"I see, well, please tell me." He said, sitting down at his desk and pushing his glasses up again, they always seem to fall down his nose.

"My father, the one who had me turned into a human and chucked on a random doorstep, is most likely going to arrive here in about... let's say less than a week." I started. 

"He's going to attack." Kaname finished.