• 10 •

After two weeks, everything seemed to have gone back to normal. Except from my mind, it kept buzzing at the fact that I could be a vampire, but I wanted to take time with my decision.

Over the past weeks, I've noticed that Zero and Yuki have strangely been getting closer, Yuki always had a plaster on her neck, so I was getting suspicious.

Kaname should've been jealous, but he really wasn't, not when he had me. Everyday, I'd go to the Moon Dorm and spend all of my time with Kaname, learning about the vampire world and all of the history behind it all.

I noticed that Kaname was getting more and more comfortable in my presence and began opening up to me about his past. I knew that he had multiple secrets, but didn't everyone?

So, after all the thinking, I was deciding whether or not I'm ready to turn into my true self.

A pureblood.

Y/N Ouri.

Looking in the mirror, I saw a human staring back at me, but I knew that it wasn't my true identity.

Breathing in deeply, I nodded in the mirror and went to get my Day Class uniform on, it was already ironed for the day.

20 minutes later

I arrived in class to see everybody but Zero and Yuki in their seats. Frowning, I went to sit at my usual space, wondering where they could've gone.

Kaname's POV

"Lord Kaname." A voice called out, getting louder as it neared my bedroom. I was sat by my window, staring at the chess board right next to me.

Only a few pawns to go...

"Yes, Ruka?" I said, letting her come in.

"Good morning, Lord Kaname." She bowed her head towards me "I wanted to speak with you, if that's alright." She said timidly, not looking me in the eye.

"Go on." I said, looking out of the window.

"Well, the rest of us are wondering what Y/N is to you. She comes here almost everyday, disappearing with you. What's so important about her?" Ruka questioned, her voice almost breaking.

"What Y/N is to me is hardly important, you know she's a pureblood." I said, trying to brush it off, but all that it did was cause Y/N to start invading my thoughts.

"So you're using her for her blood." Ruka said, causing me to turn around and glare at her.

"No. Get out." I said coldly, my eyes staring soullessly into her own.

"But I-"

"Out." The room shook slightly, Ruka trembled.

"My apologies, Lord Kaname." She said quietly, backing out of the room as quickly as she came in. The room was reduced to silence, the only noise I could hear was the students of the Day Class roaming around.

Why can't Y/N be here, she can make the time fly so quick when she's with me. I groaned and ran my hands through my hair, hating that I had to wait to see her.

Only five more hours to go...

Time skip

The class had finally been let out and me, Yuki and Yori were walking to the Night Class dorms to patrol the walk to their class.

Kaien had been told of my knowledge about vampires, he wasn't happy to begin with, slightly annoyed at Kaname, but in time he came to grips with it.

He had allowed me to join the Disciplinary Committee but I declined, knowing that I would have a lot of responsibility and late nights and I was not up to that.

"Yori, we'll meet you there, I really need to talk to Y/N." Yuki suddenly said and stopped walking.

"Umm, okay. I'll see you both there." Yori looked at me but I shrugged, she turned away and continued to head to the dorms.

"What exactly are you and Kaname." She asked, standing in front of me. She was smaller than me so she really couldn't looking intimidating.

"I don't really need to answer that question." I said, pushing past her and walking ahead.

"You know I like him!" She yelled after me, stamping her foot.

"It's a shame he doesn't like you back then, besides I thought you had something going on with Zero?" I snapped back, clenching my fists.

"I-Hey! I'm the one asking the questions here." She tried to cover up her stutter.

"Really? You're not doing so well." I walked off and left her, knowing that I won that argument.

Outside the gate of the Moon Dorm.

The usual screaming of fangirls was giving me a headache so I sat away from them under a tree, observing from a good distance.

Suddenly, the gates opened with a groan, almost as though they didn't want to open for the fangirls.

"Aido!"

"Akatsuki! Look at me!"

"No! Look at me!"

"Kaname, have this drawing I made for you!"

All the screams and cries made me roll my eyes, you'd think they'd have lost their voices by now...

I saw that the group of Night Class vampires were heading this way, closer and closer to where I was.

"Hello, Y/N." A voice said beside me, right in my ear.

"Oh. Hey, Kaname!" I said cheerfully, smiling at him.

"I've been waiting all day to see you." He said, almost sadly.

"Aww, don't cry!" I said with a laugh "Anyway, I've been thinking. Maybe you'll get to see more of me." I said, looking at his reaction.

"What do you mean?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"Well, if I were a vampire, would I not be moving into the Moon dorms?" I said, a happy ring to my voice.

"You.... You want to change!" Kaname's face lit up considerably, taking my hands in his.

"I do." I said, smiling at his reaction.

"When?" Kaname asked, not minding that the rest of the vampires were looking back at him.

"Hmmm, tonight?" I offered, feeling the hold on my hand tighten gently.

Kaname nodded and looked back at his group of vampires.

"I have to go now, but I'll meet you by the fountain tonight." He said, getting up from his sitting position and joining the vampires, continuing his journey to class. He looked back once and smiled at me, making my heartbeat quicken.

It's finally happening.