• Prologue •

My name is Y/N, and I am human.

I've grown up in the care of Kaien Cross, the headmaster of Cross Academy.

I'm not sure why he took me in, but all I remember is a figure walking away from my fragile body, left in the snow, on that dark cold night.

The Headmaster was walking out of the door and almost trod on me, thankfully not.

His eyes were like shadows and the light from inside the house darkened his tall figure, I looked up, shivering.

"Arrived at last." He muttered, kneeling down towards me.

"Hello, Y/N. I'm going to take care of you, my name is Kaien Cross but you can call me Dad." He said, picking up my thin body and taking me inside the house.

I shivered in silence, my voice not wanting to come out.

"Oh Yuki!" Kaien shouted gently, laying me on the sofa by a fire. A patter of feet ran into the room, a little girl with brown hair and big brown eyes came into my view.

"Meet your new little sister, Y/N Cross." Kaien said happily, gently moving the little girl to sit next to me.

My eyes looked at her in silence, her brown eyes quivering.

"Hello, Y/N. I'm Yuki." She whispered, taking her warm hand into my cold one.

Kaien clapped happily, seeming to be delighted that his 'daughters' were getting along fine.

My name is Y/N Cross, and I am human.

Or at least, I thought I was...