25

Alyssa's P.O.V. || EDITED

  "So what I'm really tryna say is," I sang along with the song that was blaring from the car speakers, "and what I hope you understand is, despite of all the imperfections of who I am, I still wanna be your man. I know it hasn't been easy for us to talk with everyone being around but this is personal, this is for me and you. And I want you to know that I still love you. I know the seasons may change and sometimes love goes from sunshine to rain, and I'm under this umbrella and I'm calling your name. And you know I don't wanna lose that, I still believe in us."

  Nate groaned and placed his head in his hands. "Why the fuck are we listening to Justin Bieber right now? We could be listening to Chief Keef or anything but this bullshit. Why the hell did you get the aux chord?"

  "Because Nathan this is my car," I smiled as the song continued to play, "and I happen to love Justin Bieber. But I promise that we can listen to something else once this album is over, okay? Okay. We still got 22 hours to go buddy, we can listen to all types of music!"

  Right now, we were on our way to LA. We decided on driving there because I hate flying and because it'd just be better for all of us knowing we are keeping tack of our shit. The drive is 22 hours long but it'll probably take us longer to get there because we will stop at hotels to sleep and stop to get food. 

    "Ugh I know I should've rode with the Jacks," Nate complained and I just laughed at his reaction.

  "Oh come on Nate," I said with a small smile, "I could be putting on My World, be lucky it's a more recent album. Keep complaining and I'll play One Direction next."

  He rolled his eyes and took out his phone from his pocket. John was our driver first, then it'd be Nate, and then Derek would be last. They said that there was 'no way in hell' they were letting me drive because I supposedly have terrible sense of direction and I'd always stop to get food or something.

  In the car behind us was Sam, the Jacks, and Emily. We'd all get to LA around the same time because we're going to make the same stops.

  The house is already bought so when we get there, we don't have to worry about where we're going to stay and we can just go straight to our house - which is already furnished, thank God.

  || an hour later ||

  I listened to the beat of 'Me, Myself & I' by G-Eazy as we were driving. To be honest, I am so sick and tired of this stupid song now. Don't get me wrong, I love love love G-Eazy but those stupid musers or whatever the hell they're called ruined the song for me. I don't get the point of Musical.ly, it's so stupid to me. Like, how do you get fame from lip-syncing? Doesn't make sense to me.

 "I'm hungry," I groaned as the song came to a close. "Can we stop for some food, please?"

  John sighed and looked at me through the rear view mirror. "It's only been an hour, Alyssa."

  "I know but I'm hungry and I need to get out and stretch," I sighed and laid my head on Derek's shoulder. "My ass is killing me and I need to eat something."

  I heard him sigh. "Fine, text one of the Jacks and tell them to pull over at the McDonalds on the next exit."

  I pulled out my phone and decided to text Johnson because he was more reliable than Gilinsky was, in my opinion. 

  [ Alyssa ] : Hey, tell Sam to pull over at the McDonalds on the next exit. We're going to get some food.

  [ The Better Jack  🙄💚 ] : Aight.

  We finally got to the exit and John drove to where McDonalds was. When we pulled into the parking lot, I immediately got out once we parked and stretched my legs out. Holy fuck, I was sitting for a long ass time. 

  I watched as Sam's car pulled in behind us. We didn't really have a lot of stuff to bring - mainly just our clothes - since the house came already furnished, so everything was either in the trunks or in the U-Haul trailer that was attached to Sam's car.

 I sighed and waited for everyone to get out of the cars. They were taking forever so I just decided to go inside and order. 

  "Hi welcome to McDonalds," a boy, around the age of 16 or 17, greeted me with a small smile. "What can I get you today?"

  I scanned over the menu really quick before I spoke. "Uh, I'll have a number 1 with a coke, please."

  He started clicking on the little computer thing and then looked up at me. "What size would you like your meal?"

  "Large, please."

  Wow, I have never been to a McDonalds where there was a polite worker. I am so shocked. Usually when I order, the workers are so rude and look like they hate life. But this boy was polite and he seemed to enjoy his job; aha must be his first day.

  "That'll be $6.42," he said as he handed me a reciept. I took out my wallet from my purse and handed him a $10 bill. He opened the cash register and started taking out change. "Thank you, your order will be with you shortly," he stated as he handed me back my change and a large cup, with a small smile.

  I smiled lightly and went over to the drink machine to get my coke. I put ice in the cup first and then I filled it with coke. "Wow, you couldn't have waited for all us?" I heard Derek ask as he came into the building. "We were coming."

  "Well I said I was hungry and you guys didn't come fast enough," I shrugged and stuck my straw in my cup, taking a sip. 

  He playfully rolled his eys and laughed. "This is going to be a long road trip."

  Author's note :  

  My man crush eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery day ! I love love love love love Jose Altuve 💙 And I absolutely looooooooove my Astros 😝💚 So proud of their win today over the Angels ! My baby hit a home run 😭 So proud that they came back strong today bc ...

  My man crush eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery day ! I love love love love love Jose Altuve 💙 And I absolutely looooooooove my Astros 😝💚 So proud of their win today over the Angels ! My baby hit a home run 😭 So proud that they came back strong today bc we were trailing 1-0 but we did it!! We won 3-2 wooohooo 😭 My love for baseball in general is unreal, omg. And my baby Lance McCullers was pitching and he did amaaazing 💜💜💜💜💜 And yessssss to Marwin Gonzalez for hitting the triple in the 8th inning and putting the Astros ahead ☺️☺️ 

  And sorry this chapter was kind of bad. It just explains what they did on the way there ( next chapter will also be on the road )