18

Alyssa's P.O.V. || EDITED

  "Dad!" I yelled and ran up to him, engulfing him in a big hug. He didn't hesitate to hug me back and I felt my eyes getting watery each passing second. "I've missed you so much, oh my God, you're finally out! I can't believe this!"

  He pulled away from the hug and I could see he had watery eyes as well, "I've missed you too baby girl," he stated and he smiled widely. "I can't believe this is actually real, this is my first time seeing daylight in forever. And I promise you, I will not go back there, ever again. I promise that I have changed my ways for good."

  I smiled and felt a tear slip out of my eye. I quickly wiped it away and Cameron came running out of the car with a wide smile on his face. "Dad, oh my God, I have missed you so much! Are you actually out, for good this time?"

  My dad nodded his head and Cameron slung him arms around my dad, embracing him in a tight hug. After a few seconds, they pulled away and it was Josh's turn to hug him. "I missed you," I heard tell my dad. "I'm glad you're out, I really am."

  A few seconds later, my mom and Max got out of the car and my dad had a confused look on his face. "I have another kid?" he whispered to Josh and Josh shook his head. 

  Oh right, Cameron was from a different guy. I actually forgot about that to be honest. A few years ago, after my dad was locked up, my mom had a thing with this guy for a while and ended up getting pregnant with Cameron. They later broke up and he hasn't bothered seeing Cameron or my mother since then.

  "No, different guy," he stated which caused my dad's mouth form into an 'o' shape. 

  They walked up to us and my mom looked at my dad with a blank expression. She didn't want to be here today but Cameron practically begged her which made her finally agree. I could automatically sense the tension and this just became awkward really fast. 

   Honestly, if I were my mom, I'd still be pissed off too. Not only was my dad dealing drugs, getting involved with gang activity again after he told her he wasn't, stealing, and doing illegal drugs, but he was also cheating on her. With many different people. 

   She has absolutely every right to be pissed off at him considering that he never got to explain himself and that he's just been locked up for ten years. He lied to her and broke her heart and quite frankly, I don't think she's over it.

   My dad hurt her, badly. He ruined everything in her eyes. It was so so hard for her to fall in love again because she was so scared that she'd end up getting hurt again, the way my dad hurt her. He lied, cheated, and then he got sent to prison. I'd be pissed off too.

  My mom didn't say anything she just stood there with her arms crossed over her chest with Cameron clinging to her leg. My dad didn't say anything either, he just stood there with a guilty expression on his face and he quickly looked away from her glare. It was so awkward and you could feel the tension radiating off of them.

  I looked over at Josh and he just stood there with his hands in his pocket, looking at the sky. "Mom, aren't you going to say something to dad?" Max asked with a confused look on his face. "Why are you just standing there like that?"

  Max doesn't know the entire story as to why my dad was in jail or what happened between our parents. He was too young to understand what was going on and my mom didn't want to tell him and ruin his image of our father, so she never did. She always told him that he went to jail for stealing, that's it. Nothing about the gang, the drugs, him cheating, nothing. 

  Josh and I were old enough to understand what was happening. I overheard my mom and dad yelling at each other one night, she had just found out he had been cheating on her. That night, he went out and he got caught carrying cocaine and marijuana on him when he stole from some store. 

   Then, when my dad was taken down to the station for questioning, he admitted to being in a gang. We later found that out at his trial and my mom was not happy, I can tell you that right now. When they first got together, he was in a gang. My mom didn't like it at all and asked him to leave it when she found out she was pregnant with Josh and I.

  He told her that he did because he wanted what was best for us. He did quit for a little while but you can never truly get out of a gang, they won't let you because you know trade secrets and you could betray them and go to the cops or something. Anyways, my dad got back in the gang and he started dealing drugs. Not little baby drugs like marijuana, hardcore drugs like cocaine, meth, opium, heroin, cannabis, ecstasy, LSD,  just so many drugs. 

  "I'm sorry honey," my mom said to Max, faking a smile. "Hello Fernando."

  "Hey Helen," he said, quietly.

   There was still so much tension in the air and I felt like I was suffocating. Gee, this is so awkward.

  || later that night ||

  Earlier, Josh and I dropped my dad off at my grandma's house. Mom already stated many times before he got out that he would not be staying in our house. He wasn't even planning on it, he already had it set up where he would be living with my grandma until he gets back on his feet.

  It sucks that I won't stay here long to be with him because a month from today, I'm moving to LA with my best friends. Graduation was in two days and I was honestly freaking out, I don't think I'm ready. What if I trip on my way to get my diploma? 

  I need to stop worrying so much, I am going to do just fine. I talked to my dad about my graduation on the way over to my grandma's house and he said that he would definitely be there for Josh and I because he was tired of missing out on so many things. 

  He told me that he was so mad that he didn't get to have his father-daughter dance at my Quinceñera and that he didn't get to see me and Josh on our big day. Yes, Josh had a quince too. Only because we're twins, though. 

  I was honestly so nervous for my big day, I mean shit, I'm graduating! I never though this day would come, ever. My whole life, I thought I wasn't capable to graduate. My grades were always good but it was my behavior that I thought would affect my graduating.

  My mom later explained that I could still graduate but if my behavior was so bad, or if I did something bad before graduation, I wouldn't be able to walk on stage to get my diploma. Instead, it would be mailed to me.

  I laid down and sighed. I need to get some sleep because tomorrow is the rehearsal and I need to buy a dress after that. And I have to be there or else I won't get my cap and gown.

  I played music and slowly fell asleep.

   Author's note ( PLEASE READ IT'S IMPORTANT )

   I honestly apologize how bad this was aha. And I realize that I didn't give them a senior prom in the book, but there was indeed a prom at their school. Alyssa just didn't attend because she hates school and anything that has to do with school; like school dances. 

  And I really need an answer to this question so please please please give me an answer because I actually do need to know ASAP! 

  This story is coming to a close very very very soon ( I have decided to stick with keeping the story in the 30 chapters because I didn't want to go over and you guys not read the rest of the story ) and I need to know if I should do a sequel.

  Just a heads up, this story won't end like most stories do. You know, where it hints at they have either a good life or a bad life after, it'll just end. Like a sort of cliffhanger, I guess? But I need to know now if you guys want a sequel or not. I have the original sequel to this saved in my drafts ( all the parts and everything ) so I already have reads on it and whatnot. 

  But be honest, do you guys want a sequel to this? Please let me know before this book ends !!