24

Alyssa's P.O.V. || EDITED

 Tomorrow is the day that we leave to LA. I can't believe we're finally moving out and doing our own thing. But before we leave, I want to talk to Sam. I don't want to have a lot of tension in the house - since we're staying in the same house. Plus, I want to tell him how sorry I am for everything that happened.

  I know we're not going to get back together but I would feel better knowing that we're at least somewhat good terms. Well, if all this goes right. 

  I stepped out of my car and took in a deep breath. Here goes nothing. I walked up to the door and knocked lightly, waiting for an answer. A few seconds later the door opened and Emily scoffed as she saw who it was. "What the hell are you doing here?"

  "I'm here to talk to Sam," I sighed. "Look, I know you hate me and Sam more than likely does too, but I just need to apologize to him. I don't want there to be so much tension in the house, can I just please talk to him?"

  She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. She was about to speak when someone inside the house spoke loudly. "Em, who's at the door?" Sam asked as he came to the door. His eyes widened a bit as he saw me. "Oh hey Alyssa, what are you doing here?"

  "I came to talk to you," I sighed. "Just please, I want us to be on somewhat good terms when we're out in LA."

  Emily scoffed once again. "No, you're not talking to him."

  "Wait Em," Sam sighed and shook his head, "let me just hear what she has to say. This isn't up to you to decide if we speak or not and I want to speak to her so let her in."

  Emily groaned and opened the door wider for me to step through. I awkwardly walked in the house and Sam motioned for me to follow him upstairs to his room. When I walked in, I took a seat in the desk chair in the corner of his room. 

  "Sam, I want you to know that I am so sorry," I began as he took a seat on the edge of his bed. "I am well aware that sorry doesn't fix things but not a day goes by where I don't regret what I did to you. I hurt you, I know I did, and I was so stupid to do that. I fully understand that we won't get back together but can we at least move past this and be friends?"

  He sighed and looked down at his lap. "I don't know, Alyssa. I mean, you really hurt me. I'm barely starting to get back on track with my life. I'd like for us to be friends again, or something more because I do still love you, but before we even move past this I have a question. Why did you do it? Why'd you cheat on me?"

  "Honestly, I don't fully know," I sighed and looked over at him. "I guess I was just lonely one night and Derek was there. I don't fully remember why it became a continuous thing but I am so sorry Sammy. I never meant to hurt you, honestly. I wanted to stop, I did but it was hard for me because I thought he'd spill about everything."

  "I'm not going to sit here and say that I was drunk or anything," I continued after a few seconds, "because I wasn't. I was completely aware of what I was doing, well sometimes. I was high a couple of times but that doesn't change anything. I guess they were moments of weakness because you weren't there, I don't know. But that isn't an excuse because I still cheated and I still broke your heart."

  He looked up at me and his eyes looked a little glossy. "Alyssa, I am trying so hard to hate you but I just can't. No matter how hard I try to hate you, I remember that I technically cheated on you too twice. I can't hate you for something I also did - even though yours was way worse. But I am willing to be your friend again."

  "Thank you Sam," I smiled lightly at his last sentence. "I just didn't want there to be any tension out in LA or anything so I wanted to apologize. Well, I got to go but I'll see you tomorrow."

  He smiled lightly at me as I got up and walked to the door. I walked down the stairs and saw Emily sitting on the couch scrolling through her phone. "I know you two are on good terms now but that doesn't mean we are," she said without looking up. "Maybe one day, but for now, no."

  "I understand," I shrugged and walked outside to my car. Now, I need to go say bye to my dad. Man, it sucks that I only got to be with him for a month but hey, it's better than nothing. I visited him almost everyday and I'm sad to have to leave him.

  I knocked lightly on my grandma's door and she opened it with a wide smile. "Ah, hello Alyssa," she said with a small smile, pulling me in for a hug and kissing me on the cheek. "Your father is in the living room."

  I smiled at her and walked down the hall and into the living room where my dad was sitting watching TV. "Hey dad," I said and took a seat next to him. "I just wanted to come over and say bye before I leave to LA tomorrow."

  "Hey honey," he said with a small smile while he turned down the TV. "I'm going to miss you so much when you move, but promise me that you'll come and visit every once and a while?"

  I nodded my head. "Of course dad, I'll be back to visit once a month."

  We continued talking for an hour or so before I checked the time. 4:15. "Ah, I'm sorry but I have to go. I need to go say bye to mom and them. Bye, I'll miss you!"

  I got up from the couch and gave my dad and grandma a big hug. I walked outside and got in my car. I honestly didn't want to say bye to my mom considering she still hasn't tried to contact me at all but I knew that I had to. Plus, I wanted to say bye to Max, Cameron, and especially Josh.

  || @ Alyssa's old house ||

   "Take care of yourself okay," Josh smiled lightly and pulled me in for a hug. "I'm going to miss you so much but I promise that I'll call or text everyday. And if anyone breaks your heart in LA, I will not hesitate to get on a plane and go beat the shit out of them. I love you Alyssa and I hope you achieve great things in LA."

  I smiled lightly and just as I was about to walk out the door, it opened and my mom walked through the house with Jeff trailing in behind her. "Oh hey, Alyssa," she said with a small smile on her face. "What are you doing here?"

  "I came to say goodbye," I shrugged. "But I doubt you remembered that I'm leaving since you've been so wrapped up in your new family. I mean, you never called or anything but it's cool. Have fun with your new family while I'm out in LA living it up."

  She sighed and shook her head. "Alyssa, it's not like that. I don't have an explanation as to why I never called or anything but-"

  "Just save it," I shrugged. "I don't care. I don't want to hear your bullshit about what was much more important to you than your own daughter because I already know what it was about - your new family. It's cool though mom, don't sweat it. I don't care."

  I gave her a small smile and walked out the front door without giving her a second glance. I didn't mean to be so rude but she gave me no choice. She doesn't give two shits about me. But it's cool cause tomorrow I'm leaving for LA and I won't have to see her for a while.

  Author's note : In case you haven't noticed, I am absolutely in love with the Astros. I love love love them and I'm currently watching the game against the Angels. So sorry if this was kind of rushed but I'm double tasking right now. 

  I looooooooooooooove baseball, bye.