17

She is a goddess, BYE

    Alyssa's P.O.V. || EDITED 

  Five more days. That's how long I have to wait until my dad gets out of jail. Just five more days. I can wait just five more days, right? After all, I spent the last few years without him so I can handle five more days. I'm happy that he'll be out in time for mine and Josh's graduation; he doesn't have to go, of course, but I would feel better knowing I can see my dad after I graduate high school.

  I walked in the cafeteria and I made my way over to the table where the Jacks were seated. I gave them a small smile and they returned it. "Hey Alyssa," Johnson greeted me as I sat next to him. "Are you excited for graduation?"

  "Hell yes," I stated which caused them both to laugh a little. "I can't wait to graduate, then I can move out of my house, I'm excited. Plus, no more school for me. I have officially decided that I will not be attending college."

  Jack took a sip from his water bottle and looked at me. "So where do you plan on moving after high school? You going to stay in Omaha or what? 'Cause me and Johnson have been thinking about moving to LA to try and start a music career. Same with Nate and the others. It wouldn't be the same without you."

  "Hmm, I never thought about moving to LA," I stated and furrowed my eyebrows. "Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea considering that I want to get out of Omaha and go somewhere where there's more opportunities."

  "Just think about it," Johnson said as Sam made his way over to our table. "Like Jack said, it wouldn't be the same without you. We'd all miss you like crazy! Plus, you can live out the dream with us."

  I nodded and looked over at Sam who was looking at me. "Hey Sam, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked and he nodded his head. I stood up and walked over to the exit of the cafeteria with him following close behind me. We kept walking until we were at an empty part of a hallway. I sighed and looked up at him considering the huge difference in our height. "Sam, I forgive you."

  Which, I really meant. I did forgive Sam, for everything. The other day, Nate called me and said that Sam was a mess knowing that I was fucking around with Derek. He said that Sam wasn't eating, sleeping, he just wasn't being his usual self. That made me realize, he actually loved me. 

  "W-What?" He asked, clearly in shock. "You forgive me? For what? Which part?"

  "Everything," I whispered lightly and he smiled widely. He pulled me in for a hug and I hugged him back. "I just couldn't live without you I guess," I sighed and it was the truth. I was acting like I was okay on the outside, but on the inside, I was hurting. Badly. "I will give you one more chance, Samuel. This is your third one, three strikes and you're out."

  I told Josh how I was feeling last night, you know about how I wanted to get back with Sam, and he said that he didn't want me to but that he'd support me through my decision. He told me that he'd try and not hate Sam, for my sake, but that it'd take time.

  "Thank you Alyssa," Sam breathed out and pressed his lips onto mine. 

  || 7:30 pm  ||

  "Mom can I talk to you for a second?" I asked quietly as I walked into her office. She nodded her head and she stopped typing on her computer. She looked up at me and waited for me to continue. "I'm sorry to bother you but I've been thinking and I want to move to LA when I graduate. Not right when I graduate but maybe in a few months?"

  She sighed and looked down. "Are you sure you want to do that?" she asked and looked up once again. "I mean, I will support you in whatever you decide you want to do in life, but are you sure you want to move all the way to LA?" I nodded my head. "Well, I don't want to see you go but if that's what you want to do, I will support you in that decision."