08

I'm actually happy with who I casted as who bc this pic actually exists ahh

   Alyssa's P.O.V. || EDITED 

  I have to admit I was still pretty upset about the whole Sam and Ashley thing but tonight I was going to have to suck it up because I had to attend one of mom's coworkers party. I wasn't really excited about going because I already knew Sammy was going to be there and I didn't feel like facing him tonight.

  I haven't bothered telling Josh about what happened because then he's going to say some cocky shit like 'I told you so!' Plus, I don't want my brother to get a hold of Sam because no matter how much he deserves to get his ass beat, I know my brother could kill him if he wanted to. 

  "Here's your dress," my mom said, coming into my room and handing me a hanger with a dress attached. "Be ready in an hour, please."

  Before I could say anything else, she walked out of my room. Surprisingly, I haven't cried as much as I thought I would over the whole Sam thing. I'm just glad we weren't anything serious, you know to the point where love was brought into it, because then there would be waterworks. 

  I did, however, tell John about what had happened that night and he was honestly pissed off. He was about to pull up at Sammy's house and beat the shit out of him but I convinced him out of it because his dad is a lawyer after all. And because it wasn't that serious. I wasn't that upset about it so it's okay.

  I put on the purple dress and threw my hair up in a bun while I did my makeup. After deciding on how I wanted to do my hair for the night, I decided on just keeping it in my bun since it actually didn't turn out bad.

  The thing I wasn't looking forward to tonight, besides Sam being there, was that you had to bring a date. It was really fun explaining to my mom why John was going to be my date tonight instead of Sammy. I just stuck with the old, "We're just taking a break. Mutual decision." I couldn't let her know Sam cheated on me and that we were never getting back together. 

  I texted John and told him to meet him at my house at 6:30. The party started at 7:30 but mom said it was best to be early and make a good impression, plus it is like a thirty minute drive.  Josh came into my room and shot me a fake smile, "Care to explain why you're going to the party with John instead of Sammy?"

  He was wearing a white blazer, a black t-shirt, some black leather jogger type thing, and some white sneakers. He was lucky because he never had to dress up real fancy or anything for these dinners and parties. "Well," I began as he took a seat on my bed, "you see, we're taking a break. It was a mutual decision, so I'm taking John."

  "You're lying," he rolled his eyes and sighed. "I am your twin brother, Alyssa, I know when you're lying. So, tell me why you're not going with Sam."

  I sighed and gave up. There's no point of lying because he already knows when I'm lying. "Okay fine, we broke up because he like kind of cheated on me."

  His eyes widened at my words. "Oh fuck no, I'm going to kill him. I swear to God Alyssa, if I see him at the party tonight, I will beat the living shit out of him/"

  "No Josh stop," I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. "Don't do that because then you'll embarrass mom in front of the whole office, just don't do that. Please, you can do it after but just not during."

  || at the dinner party ||

   "Okay John just be polite," I told him as we walked hand in hand to the party. I'm not weirded out or anything because I have stated this many times before, he's my best friend and he's honestly like an older brother to me. "Just greet the people as they come up to us with a smile, it doesn't have to be real but make yourself look nice." 

   He inhaled a deep breath and nodded. "Sounds simple."

  We walked through the party and many people started greeting us already. I was walking with John deeper into the house and noticed a familiar brunette. "Oh great," I groaned as Sammy noticed John and I standing here. "I knew he was going to be here but I didn't want to see him."

  He began walking towards us and John looked down at me. "I can tell him to fuck off if you want me to?"

  "No you can't," I sighed. "I don't want you to cause a scene, everyone in here knows me and my mother so it would make her look bad. Just be civil."

  He nodded and rubbed his eye. Sammy approached us and scratched the back of his neck, something he does when he's nervous. "Hey Alyssa, hey John," he greeted with a small smile. "Alyssa, can I talk to you for a minute please?"

  I looked over at John and he shrugged, basically saying he didn't know what to say because it wasn't his choose. It was up to me to decide. "Uh, why?"

  "I want to apologize," Sammy sighed. "The other night was not supposed to happen, I swear it wasn't what it looked like. She kissed me, I didn't kiss back. Please Alyssa, you have to believe me. It wasn't what it looked like."

  I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I've heard it all before Sam, just save your excuses for someone else because I'm not having it."

  "Just one more chance," he sighed looking me dead in the eye. "I promise you I will not screw it up, please Alyssa. I won't let you down, I promise."

   I sighed and finally gave in. "One more chance, Samuel. You fuck it and you're done."