14

Alyssa's P.O.V. || EDITED

  Holy crap, today is the day that I finally see my dad. I was trying my hardest to be happy considering everything that went down last night. I'm not going to lie, I was hurt by the fact that Sam was dancing with that girl in that way. I am not overreacting in any way, I had every right to act the way I did.

  And he did deserve to get his ass beat. If it was his first time doing something like this, okay whatever. I could maybe see past it but this isn't his first time. He promised me that he would never do anything to hurt me again but look at me now.

  I'm a complete mess on the inside. I just can't show it because I know damn well that this is my fault. I was the one who chose to give him a second chance, not anyone else. Josh was right, "Once a cheater, always a cheater."

  I get that he didn't technically cheat on me but if you think about it, he kind of did. Like, no he didn't have sex or kiss anyone else while we were together (that I know of) but he was being unloyal to me. If we are together, you are not supposed to talk to girl's in that way or do anything that'll make me look dumb.

  He really had me out there looking stupid last night. I thought, "Oh maybe he just passed out somewhere in a spare room" or "Maybe he went to go hang out with Nate or the Jacks" but nope. Instead, he was over there grinding on some bitch making me look like a dumb ass for being with him. 

  Like do you know how dumb that made me feel? It made me feel like complete shit seeing my boyfriend -well, ex boyfriend now- dancing on that girl like that. Did he even mean it when he said he loved me? How could I be so naive? 

  This probably isn't the first time he's fucked around on me either. Gosh, I'm so stupid. I should've just listened to Josh and not get back with Sammy again. But I didn't and look at where that got me: heartbroken. Just completely heartbroken.

  But like I said, I couldn't show it. I had to smile like nothing was wrong and that I was doing totally fine after someone I loved basically cheated on me on my birthday. 

  "Alyssa, are you ready to go?" Josh asked me as he came down the stairs and into the living room. I nodded and stood up, following behind him as he walked out the front door and over to his white range rover. 

  I got it in the passenger's seat and buckled my seat belt. I watched as Josh put the key in the ignition and how he switched the gear from park to drive. I sighed and turned my head to the side, resting my head on the window. 

  "Are you okay?" Josh asked and turned the music that was coming from the radio down so we can talk. I just sat there and didn't say anything. "Alyssa, please talk to me. I don't want you to bottle up your emotions, it won't do you any good. Just please, tell me how you're feeling."

  I sighed and I decided on just telling him. He's my twin brother, we were in our mother's womb for nine months together for crying out loud. "I feel like a major idiot," I sighed and sat up, looking over at Josh who was focused on the road. "You told me not to get back with him but I still did anyways and I just feel so stupid because I ended up getting hurt again. You were right the whole time and I was so dumb not to listen to you."

  "Don't be crazy," Josh sighed and shook his head. "Please, don't say that. You are not dumb for believing you had another shot at being happy. Don't even say that Alyssa. It is not your fault that Sam is a fuck boy and can't stay loyal to one girl."

  I sighed and looked down at my hands that were in my lap. "I'm so heartbroken," I stated with my voice cracking a bit at the end. "Like, I thought he loved me. I'm so naive. He doesn't love me, you don't do that to the people you love."

  "Hey don't cry," he said as he looked over at me. He took one hand off the steering wheel and reached over to wipe a stray tear that had fallen from my face. "We'll talk about this more later, but for now, be happy. We're about to see dad."

  I watched as he pulled into the parking lot of the prison where my dad was being held. I took in a deep breath and opened the car door, stepping out. I looked at the huge building and walked inside with Josh following close behind me.

  "Hello," the lady at the front desk greeted us as we walked in, "I am Rachel, how may I help you?"

  Josh stood in front of me. "We are here to see Fernando Martinez," he spoke. 

 "Who are you to Fernando? Family, friends, what?" she asked, picking up the walkie talkie that was laying on her desk. 

  "We are his kids," I spoke and she nodded her head. 

  She twisted some knobs on the device and held down a button while speaking. "Hector, there's two visitors here for Fernando Martinez, inmate number 388484. Please have him ready, I am about to send them down with Officer Kurt. Over."

  She signaled to an officer standing guard by two big metal doors. He walked over to her and smiled lightly. "Yes, Rachel?"

  "Can you take these two to the vising block of the prison," she asked and he nodded his head. "Tell Hector they are here for Fernando Martinez."

  He nodded his head once again and turned to us. "Alright guys, follow me."

  We did as we were told and he opened one of the big metal doors, leading us down a long hallway. He took a few turns here and there until we were finally at the visiting block. Wow, I haven't been over here in forever. "Hector, these two are here for Fernando Martinez."

  He then begin walking back down the hall we came from. "Alright," Hector said looking at us. "He's right back that way." he stated, pointing at a table where my dad sat with his head down.

 Hmm, they must have changed it up because when I used to come and visit, we'd sit on opposite sides of a glass and talk through a phone. Or maybe they trust my dad now? I don't know. 

 I quickly walk over to where he's sitting and take a seat, causing him to look up. His hands had cuffs around them and there was an officer standing a few feet away from our table. "Oh my God, you two have grown so much."

  "I've missed you," I sighed and looked over at him. His eyes were glossy and it looked like he wanted to cry. "I'm sorry we haven't came to visit recently, mom said it wasn't a good idea."

  He shook his head and laughed. "Don't sweat it, it's alright. But hey, I get out in two weeks. I talked to my lawyer yesterday and he said that I could get out two weeks earlier than expected because I've been on good behavior. But how's Cameron doing?" 

  "He's doing good," Josh told him and my dad smiled. "He said he wanted to come and visit you too but mom said no."

  My dad sighed and shook his head. "Ah, I see you're mother still hasn't changed one bit. Always trying to keep my children away from me. But how was your birthday yesterday? You're eighteen now! Any plans of moving out soon?"

  "It was good," Josh laughed and smiled lightly. "And yeah, I'm planning on going to college next year after I graduate high school and I'm going to move out then."

  "It was great," I lied, I wasn't going to tell my dad that I had a bad birthday because that's not entirely true. It was great until that whole thing with Sam which was towards the end of the party. "And yep, when I graduate high school. I'm planning on getting my own apartment."

  He smiled. "That's great."

  "Times up!" the officer shouted and told us we had to leave.

  || later that night ||

  "Sweetie," my mom said coming into my room, "Jeff is coming over tonight, just wanted to give you a heads up! He might stay the night, but don't worry, the girls are not coming this time."

  I groaned. "Mom, can I please please please go to John's place? I don't want to be here with him at all tonight, and if he stays the night, can I stay the night with John?"

  "Yeah, that's fine," she nodded. "I understand completely. Have fun, but not too much fun. I don't want to be a grandmother just yet."

  Oh my God.