CHAPTER 11: A Perfect Bait

~A Perfect Bait

~A Perfect Bait.~

"Some wounds never heal," ~ Anonymous.

************

"Tell me if it hurts," Nora uttered, carefully changing Shravya's bandages with new and clean ones.

Changing bandages was one of the painful things, Nora knew that and it inwardly worried her when Shravya did not make a sound at all. Whenever her bandages were being changed, it was like she is unable to feel hurt.

It's been some days since the accident and now, Shravya's wounds were almost healing, yet it was quite a pitiful sight, but pity alone was no use, because the person who lead her to cause those wounds, did not feel any remorse at all.

It made Nora distressed.

If she had been asked to name one of the most pitiful humans she had ever seen in her life, then she would have pointed at Shravya right away, without any hesitation. Because she is one of them.

She is pitiful.

Nora couldn't help but feel sympathy for her, even after knowing that she shouldn't feel that. Such emotions only made her heart have a soft spot for Shravya.

It was a feeling which was depriving her to help her.

After wrapping up the bandages, Nora went behind her and began brushing her dark brown locks, with the utmost care, not minding Shravya who sat absent-mindedly, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

Slowly running the comb through her hair, Nora offered her a smile, which appeared warm, friendly, and motherly on her wrinkled face, making her turn out to be different than her usual cold and the strict image she portrays in the eyes of the others. "Madam, what would you like to have in lunch?"

Raising her eyelids, Shravya peered at Nora's reflection. "Anything." Her beautiful face was completely overtaken by indifference like her mind was somewhere else.

Zaid had not allowed anyone to interact with her unless it was absolutely necessary. But now, it feels like there was no use of that rule anymore because she has nearly stopped talking these days.