CHAPTER 8: The Deepest Fear

~The Deepest Fear

~The Deepest Fear.~

"If you call this living then I died long ago," ~Shravya

************

Silently, the door opened and Zaid slowly slipped in. His eyes longingly looked around the room until his gazes stopped at her frail body. She was sitting beside the window, with sheets wrapped around her petite foam.

By the language of her body, she seemed too relaxed as if she didn't sense his presence.

Gradually, he walked further and noticed the cadence of her shallow breaths and her closed eyelids as her head stayed rested upon the look-through glass of the window.

She is sleeping.

Zaid smiled warmly, pulling his suit jacket off. He was still in his suit because he arrived only a few hours ago and came straight to see her.

Throwing the coat on the bed, he moved closer to her.

In the semi-dark room, the ambiance around him gave off an eerie feeling as he scrutinized her face, his coal-black orbs looking similar to the eyes of a predator, who was about to pounce on its unsuspecting and innocuous prey.

Even as he stood next to her, she did not respond, seemingly asleep with her guards down. The light coming from the table lamp, gave her a golden and slightly dull complexion as her breathings turned out to be well-proportioned.

His hands itched to touch her while his eyes stared longingly at her face.

Her thick eyelashes cast a faint shadow on the lower eyelid.