CHAPTER 24: Regret And Weakness

~Regret And Weakness

~Regret And Weakness.~

"I don't feel peace until your fragrance doesn't scatterers in my breaths," ~Zaid

************

'Creak' the old wooden floor made a creaking sound as Zaid enter inside. The whole room was drawn in the semi-darkness, the only source of light there, was the sun rays peeking through the glass of some small windows. His steps were surprisingly very slow as he made his way towards the person, who was crouching in an opaque corner.

"Get up," he ordered, standing in front of him. The metal chains jingled as the man tried to stand up but failed and fell back in his previous position, groaning painfully because of the throbbing pain which seeped through his whole frame.

"Tsk...Tsk. Alok if you would have told me her whereabouts then you wouldn't have been in such condition," Zaid seethed in a steady and placid tone, his deep voice was too loud---in the silent room---to be ignored.

"I...I don't know w...h...ere she is," Alok hardly whispered, his voice was scorched and raucous, even gulping was hard for him. "Please gi...ve me...me...some...w...a...ter. I'm thirsty," he mumbled. His mouth was dry and his throat was parched, in a dire need of water.

A harrowing smile notch on Zaid's lips and he chuckled. "You're feeling thirsty?" he asked. Alok vigorously nodded his head, the jiggling of metal chains continuously crashing in the silent room whenever he made any movement.

"I will give you water but first, tell me where she is?" Zaid insisted. His expressions were thoroughly barren whereas his black orbs were portraying frustration.

Alok stiffened in his place, clutching his head as his fingers slowly crawled into his messy locks. He tightly fisted his hairs, pulling them in helplessness and vexation as small whimpers left past his mouth. No matter how hard he tried, he still was unable to recall what happened to Shravya? Where did she go?