CHAPTER 10: Pain And A New Arrival

~Pain and a New Arrival

~Pain and a New Arrival.~

"Pain doesn't feel like pain when you become numb," ~ Shravya.

************

Unlocking the door, Zaid pushed it open. "Sona, if I were you, I wouldn't have ignored the warning."

As he walked deeper, the broken mirror pieces---scattered on the floor---reflected his approaching figure.

"I love playing hide and seek but Sona, the bathroom isn't a place to play such a game." His eyebrows were carelessly raised to show a hint of sinister triumph but the moment he noticed the broken mirror pieces and the sight of blood, his expressions turned dark. "Okay! It's not funny anymore. Come out before I come to drag you out."

For some moments, he stayed completely still, seeming to be waiting patiently but she showed no cues of showing up.

Sighing audibly, he moved but suddenly, his feet stopped in alarm when he felt something cold yet sharp touching his neck.

His body froze but then instantly relaxed too when he sensed her presence behind himself.

"If I were you then I would have never walked in here," her voice was barely audible as she harshly pressed the sharp glass piece, against his neck.

"This sentence makes no sense because you're not me," with amusement prevailing in his tone, he chuckled deeply, not minding the sharp thing against his neck.

"I also don't have any interest to become a monster like you," she hissed, loathe dripping off from each word.

Hearing her, his adam's apple bobbed up and he shoved his hands into the front pocket of his pants. "Will you mind keeping your little weapon away from my neck?" He said, slightly tilting his head away from the sharp chunk while the corners of his sharp eyes curved subtly as the gentle and dubious glimmer of his dark smile instantly penetrated his facade. "You're hurting me, sona."

Expect the word 'hurting' in his statement, she couldn't feel or see any kind of hurt around him.

"I want to..." she fastened her hold around her weapon. "I want to hurt you!" Her cry was intense and loud in the silent bathroom.