CH 16 Ice Cream!

Ava was standing there biting her lip and looking at Ethan.

Ethan. My brother? These were the only two things that were going on in Ava's mind. She finally had the courage to look up and saw that Ethan was already staring at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ava whispered in the verge of crying. She rubbed her eyes so that the tears wouldn't come.

"I didn't want you to know." Ethan shrugged. Ava became slightly irritated.

"Didn't want me to know what?" Ava asked looking up to glare at him.

"About how our family isn't amazing as you would have imagined." Ethan said looking at her. Ava scoffed.

"It wasn't really amazing. Dad and mom got divorced when I was four. And you," Ava glared at him harder, "weren't even there when dad-when he....wh-" She bit her lip and shook her head and looked at her feet. She couldn't say it.

The only person to give her endless love was gone. Wiped out from her life. Just like everyone wiped her out. Her mom, Ethan, and her dad too.

But that's just how life is. Ava told herself. Unfair.

"I'm sorry." Ethan said and spread out his hands. Ava who was still looking down didn't see this. Ethan rolled his eyes and got up and hugged Ava tightly.

That's when she realised what was going on around her. She hesitantly wrapped her tiny arms (compared to Ethan) around him and burried her head in his chest. Ava's eyes widened when she realised what he was doing.

She quickly pulled away and crossed her arms across her chest.

"A sorry and a hug won't do it." She shook her head.

* * * *

"How much more?" Avery whined snuggling into the passenger seat.

"Just a few minutes. We are going to the hospital first then we'll go back." Olives said.

Avery's eyes widened at the thought of hospital. She gulped.

"Here." Olives handed his phone to Avery, still keeping his eyes on the road. Avery was slightly shocked at the gesture. She still wasn't used to a soft and caring Olives. She mentally sniggered at the thought. Olives.

Pushing the thoughts aside she opened the phone and instantly started playing subway surfers.

"We're here." Olives announced parking the car at the end of the road.

"But I didn't even start the game." Avery said hoping that Olives would wait for a while. Oliver raised an eyebrow and snatched the phone away.

Avery reluctantly got up from the seat and followed him inside the central hospital. As soon as they reached the help center Olives said something to the lady but Avery was too busy staring out of the window.

I want to fly. This sudden thought came into her mind and she didn't even realize she had said it out loud until she heard Olives chuckling behind her. She turned around with wide eyes and a blush on her cheeks.

"You want to fly?" Olives asked still laughing.

"Shut up." Avery murdered under her breath.

Oliver was just laughing at her reaction. "Oh God Avery, you're so cute", he said still chuckling, all that did was made Avery blush harder.

This is embarrassing, Avery. she thought to herself, making sure she doesn't say it out loud this time. It was then that another lady came out, younger than the previous one, who called them inside. She looked definitely like an intern. Avery inhaled a shaky breath and gulped. She hated hospitals. It was were she saw her mother the last time. The last time she tried to tell her something. That something that Avery couldn't remember. The something that she assumed to be something regarding Oliver.