CH 27

Oliver sighed looking at the two teenagers glaring heavily at each other with scowls on their faces in his office.

Why did it have to be these two who were free for arranging his files?

He could feel the tension between these two since what happened a few days ago at Christmas. The way both of them happened to watch each other looking nervous at the prospect of making phone calls to their families.

He still didn't know what exactly was going on with their families, and he did mentally note to look into it the next time their parents came to C.H.A. on Visiting Days. Which wasn't this Visiting Day. So apparently the two teenager's were spending their time by glaring at each other.

He clapped his hands. "Anytime today would be nice?" Oliver asked exasperatedly.

"I'm almost done," Tropia grumbled. "Unlike people who pussy out on phone calls."

"Bitch," Mason gritted out. "You weren't doing great with your phone call either, I could see you trembling-"

"At least I didn't toss the phone to the head of my tower and run away, bastard," she shot back.

Oliver shot both of them a warning glare. "Enough, both of you. And no cursing in my office. Or anywhere, but specially in my office."

"It's not like you don't curse," Mason grumbled before he could stop himself.

"What was that Smith?" Oliver questioned sharply.

"That's what Tropia wanted to say!" he protested, pointing a finger at her.

Tropia scowled, throwing the nearest thing at him, which happened to be a stapler.  Mason used the thing nearest to him to defend, which happened to be a book.

Jacob was walking towards Oliver's office to deliver the files that Ethan set him to deliver there, when he stopped short to see the window class shatter as a stapler flew out of it.

He blinked a few times, carefully stepping over the broken glass shards, and peeked from the broken portion of the window to find Mason and Tropia looking back at him from inside the office with clenched teeth. Tropia's hand was still in the position of throwing something towards Mason, while Mason still had the book in his hand pointing towards the window.

Oh boy-

"It was just a pillow fight," Ava whined.

"A completely harmless and innocent pillow fight," Avery added.

"It wasn't so harmless for Mrs. Wallyard's potted plant."

"What plant?" Ava asked feigning obliviousness before exchanging an alarmed look with Avery.

I thought you taped it back to normal!

Avery shrugged helplessly. Yeah, even I thought I did!

"Oh, the plant with the pink leaves? It looked fine to me!"

"Avery, I can see the tape you used to fix it while Ava tried to distract me. Tried. And the tape can't hold that plant upright, you can still see it bended at an unnatural position," Ethan snapped.

"The kind of unnatural position when... the wind blows too fast and it's twig go... sksk?"Avery blinked innocently.

"No, the kind of unnatural position that says you threw a pillow at my dear little sister here who ducked, and it hit the potted plant snapping it's stem." 

Both the girls blinked as the three of them stood in the C.H.A. kitchen.

"Yes, I was watching," Ethan broke the silence.